EBSCO Publishing

www.ebscoind.com

Good place to work and build a career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Ipswich, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ipswich, MA

Pros

-flex time depending on dept you work for
-great benefits, although cost has gone up recently
-nice building
-nice outdoor setting

Cons

-could be more generous with salaries

keep valuing everyone, even the entry level folks; show your appreciation

Other reviews for EBSCO Publishing

Can't believe I stayed 5 years

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Durham, NC

Pros

Some people within and the majority of people outside of Technology Department are hardworking individuals. I'm thankful for having worked with them. They are the reason I managed to stay with the company for five plus years.

Cons

I can't speak about the group in Ipswich. I did not work there. Interactions with them were pleasant. Middle and upper management in other locations are dishonest and care less about their subordinates. They only care about what airplanes and motor bikes they ride. In fact, most conversations are dominated by talks about airplanes and bikes. Never once I was asked how I'm doing personally. They are very egotistical. The people they pick to be in their den are of the same mindset. If you come at them from a different point of view, they will crush you. They are the ones who are hurting this company. I do not recommend working in IT.

My advice is to never ask people working for you to not complain about you to other managers because it will get back to you. This is just stupid. Work on creating more pleasant work environment. Don't create divisions in the ranks. It's counter productive. Also, get rid of your Project Development Lead and the Software Architect. They are incapable of getting along with anyone within the department or across departments. They are cancer and cancer should be treated.

Dissatisfying

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Ipswich, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ipswich, MA

Pros

Decent benefits - a cafeteria, free coffee and tea, work parties.
    Nice people, as far as my direct co-workers are concerned.
    Decent entry-level positions, good place if you're just starting out.

Cons

There is very little opportunity for advancement or promotion. Most mid-to-upper level management positions are sourced from outside the company. Difficult to even make same level transitions unless you know someone and are in their favor. Management is often un-supportive of their staff and it is common practice to shovel work on to others and throw people under the bus.

There need to be more opportunities to advance. management support needs to be worked on. Departments are extremely separate and everyone should have a more cohesive vision of the big picture.

There are newer employer reviews for EBSCO Publishing.

Worked for EBSCO Publishing? Contribute to the Community!