EBSCO Publishing

www.ebscoind.com
There are newer employer reviews for EBSCO Publishing

It was ok

I worked at EBSCO Publishing

Pros

Willing to hire with relatively little experience, flexible working hours, my commute was convenient, it was great to have a free on-site gym to work out during lunch. The cafeteria was cheap and good (not free, unfortunately...), and the riverfront view was beautiful.

Cons

Pay was mediocre, little or no formal feedback, management loved asking "lowers" to do menial tasks, the library/scanning team seemed incredibly depressed every time I walked by...

just you are my boss doesn't mean I am under you!

72 Other Employee Reviews for EBSCO Publishing (View Most Recent)

Good Company To Work For

I worked at EBSCO Publishing

Pros

Interesting industry. Customers are a nice clientele to work with. Annual information update and training sessions are first rate in locations, accomodations and information. Well educated employees across the board. Excellent benefits, profit sharing and home office locations. The two primary divisions of database content and print media are both first class companies. EBSCO also has several rather unique subsidiaries.

Cons

Current company was created with a merger of a database content provider and an agent for print published materials. The two entities seem to conflict when seeking the same end result i.e. sale of product. Recent reorgnization will help resolve some of these issues. The merged company has essentially hedged itself so as the print product sales decline hopefully the digitized content sales increase.

I would say the company is in good hands with it's leadership. Good decisions have been made and I am sure they will continue to do do.

Keep changing the sales structure

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at EBSCO Publishing

Pros

Benefits- however health kicks in after 3 months

Cons

Management keeps tinkering around with the sales territories, trying to find the magic formula that works. Unfortunately, the last thing they would consider is the product itself and if it's a good fit for the market. More likely to blame the rep than looking closely at the viability of the product.

Consider the product before you change the sales structure

There are newer employer reviews for EBSCO Publishing