EBSCO
www.ebscoind.com Birmingham, AL 5000+ Employees

Wonderful people, good environment

Software Quality Assurance II (Current Employee)
Birmingham, AL

I have been working at EBSCO full-time for more than a year

ProsThe company culture is largely welcoming and supportive of a work-life balance. EBSCO is also a company that is very 'green' and even the headquarters building seems almost organic, blending into the mountaintop in a way that is not intrusive. There are recycling options everywhere, with encouragement to bring in items to recycle. The benefits are good, not great, and the team atmosphere is very positive and strong. The salaries are also good, not great, but much of the culture offset that, particularly the team leads, who were and are excellent. Cross training is encouraged across teams, and in house training was becoming more available prior to the time I left.

ConsThe department I worked in was going through some growing pains and changes. At that time, one of the senior managers, no longer there, set an abrasive and uncertain tone, setting off concerns of a layoff. Ironically, this led to many people, including me, taking other opportunities, and shortly after all of us had gone, he left as well. (Had I but known.) If not for that and the lure of a higher salary, I would not have left. My immediate manager and his manager were generally supportive of staff, although there were a few issues of miscommunication. I also felt that once I gave notice, I was persona non grata; frankly, if anyone had tried or expressed the desire, I might have been convinced to stay.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more aware of what is happening in the department; I really do think that without the particular upper manager's 'threat' of potential company instability, many of us who left would still be there. I like to think that most of us were an asset, and would have remained. I know that I would have.

RUN ... away from this company!

Birmingham, AL

I have been working at EBSCO full-time

Pros: Good medical insurance, Paid holidays Cons: Never got an evaluation. Claims pay is based on merit but its not. NO training. Your job may be given to someone else and you… Advice to Senior Management: Need to do some serious evaluations to the managers/supervisors in EIS-BR. If you would review your managers files, emails, etc, you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company with great products

Territory Manager (Current Employee)
Raleigh, NC

I have been working at EBSCO full-time

Pros: They do not hold you back. They will help you… Cons: Willget paid fairly but won't get rich. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on EBSCO.

Worked for EBSCO? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EBSCO reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EBSCO CEO F. Dixon Brooke Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by EBSCO employees.