There are newer employer reviews for EBSCO

Wonderful people, good environment

Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance II in Birmingham, AL
Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance II in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at EBSCO full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company culture is largely welcoming and supportive of a work-life balance. EBSCO is also a company that is very 'green' and even the headquarters building seems almost organic, blending into the mountaintop in a way that is not intrusive. There are recycling options everywhere, with encouragement to bring in items to recycle. The benefits are good, not great, and the team atmosphere is very positive and strong. The salaries are also good, not great, but much of the culture offset that, particularly the team leads, who were and are excellent. Cross training is encouraged across teams, and in house training was becoming more available prior to the time I left.

Cons

The department I worked in was going through some growing pains and changes. At that time, one of the senior managers, no longer there, set an abrasive and uncertain tone, setting off concerns of a layoff. Ironically, this led to many people, including me, taking other opportunities, and shortly after all of us had gone, he left as well. (Had I but known.) If not for that and the lure of a higher salary, I would not have left. My immediate manager and his manager were generally supportive of staff, although there were a few issues of miscommunication. I also felt that once I gave notice, I was persona non grata; frankly, if anyone had tried or expressed the desire, I might have been convinced to stay.

Be more aware of what is happening in the department; I really do think that without the particular upper manager's 'threat' of potential company instability, many of us who left would still be there. I like to think that most of us were an asset, and would have remained. I know that I would have.

21 Other Employee Reviews for EBSCO (View Most Recent)

INCREDIBLE COMPANY

Current Employee - Sales in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Sales in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at EBSCO full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits and salary are great!

Cons

Corporate micro management of sales force.

Let people work their own system

RUN ... away from this company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at EBSCO full-time

Pros

Good medical insurance, Paid holidays

Cons

Never got an evaluation. Claims pay is based on merit but its not. NO training. Your job may be given to someone else and you are not even told, just find out through an email... Turnover rate is unbelievable. Management broadcasts your personal business to the entire department and is VERY unfair. Absolutely no room for advancement. Scam most of their customers out of money.

Need to do some serious evaluations to the managers/supervisors in EIS-BR. If you would review your managers files, emails, etc, you would see how seriously they lack management skills. By far the worst management I have ever worked for both personally and professionally.

There are newer employer reviews for EBSCO