ECC

www.ecc.net
There are newer employer reviews for ECC

This is an environment which fosters professionalism while all the while encouraging individualism.

Current Employee - Estimating in Marlborough, MA
Current Employee - Estimating in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at ECC

Pros

Typically I feel constantly challenged, yet comfortable in a supportive environment. I have never felt as though I am on an 'island', with no options available to me. The group tends to rise to face challenges but can also inject levity, into the workplace, when needed. Everyone I have encountered is passionate and well versed in the respective fields. Being an employee owned company, coupled with working for a company that has a well respected and positive presence in the world, acts to promote a beaming sense of pride.

Cons

As with many positions these days travel is often necessary. To that end, with a young family travel can be an unwanted intrusion into an already hectic life. But, an understanding partner as well as the thrill of the reunion, can lesson the sting from time away. I would also appreciate a more organized training schedule, especially during 'down times'. While there are numerous training events during the year, on varying topics, specific training targeted to 'down times', especially year end, I feel, would lessen the potential to become complacent.

The educated employee-owner is a successful employee-owner. What I mean by that is, encouragement to diversify one's knowledge base and move out of a given 'comfort zone', I feel, would keep the employee-owner stimulated and want to take on different challenges. I am sure that there an many ways this could be accomplished, one of which may involve 'shadowing' another employee-owner and perhaps taking specific classes towards this discilpine. This, coupled with a close examination of the current employee-owners, may reveal a hidden jem in an otherwise un-tapped environment.

42 Other Employee Reviews for ECC (View Most Recent)

ECC has provided challenging and rewarding work along with people who are very professional.

Current Employee - Estimator in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Estimator in Boston, MA

I have been working at ECC

Pros

ECC offers outstanding benefits that contribute to a balanced work/personal lifestyle. We use the latest technology and, as a department, strive to get better everyday. All the estimators are very knowledgable and helpful. The estimating manager has always got the backs of his employees and welcomes new ideas by everyone.

Cons

The location of the office, Marlborough, MA, is about 30 miles west of Boston. It seems most people live at least 45 minutes away; either in CT, RI or around MA. There is not a lot to do in Marlborough. Right now half of the company is on the 3rd floor and the other half on the 4th floor. This makes it difficult to get to know everyone, but we will be conjoining both offices shortly so that will make the situation much better.

Hold people more accountable. Coming from a big company I have seen employees hide in the shadows and avoid work. With the success and growth of ECC make sure people are doing what they were hired to do.

Over all, a very positive experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at ECC

Pros

ECC offers amazing benefits and opportunities to utilize all skills. This is a company that almost always walks its talk. ECC has values and ethics worthy of pride.

I have had more opportunity to learn, grow, and be rewarded here than anywhere else I have ever worked. My skills and industry knowledge have become more varied and rich than would have been possible anywhere else.

ECC's commitment to the communities in which it works is the most wonderful and amazing things I have ever seen professionally. The "good works" that have been supported side-by-side with related or co-located project work are plentiful and are performed with a rich understanding of local needs.

This is a friendly and professional environment. My position offers wonderful flexibility.

Cons

Association with certain projects can result in rewards that aren't entirely deserved ~ there are one or two projects in this industry that would require total incompetence not to succeed financially yet folks assigned to them always get high praise and promotions. This is not unique to ECC. It's a problem of evaluating success with the "bottom line" without taking into account how a project was funded (this does not always correlate with how difficult a project is).

We are hurting for women in upper management - particularly outside of HR. This can affect assumptions that senior management makes regarding employee needs and situations. Women in executive positions should not all be within the same specialty.

Work-life balance is pretty good, but loyalty to the ECC family should not be lauded when it hurts one's actual family. Long-term, this is bad for morale.

There are newer employer reviews for ECC