ECC

www.ecc.net
  www.ecc.net
There are newer employer reviews for ECC

Dynamic company, great place to work!

Current Employee - Value Engineering Manager in Lakewood, CO
Current Employee - Value Engineering Manager in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at ECC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

ECC is an entrepreneurial enterprise, with a culturally diverse and far flung staff (four continents!). ECC is an agressive business, in a good way. Staff are encouraged to seek new markets or opportunities where the company can be successful. If it was a boxer, ECC would be "punching above its weight class" as it competes head to head with major firms that are several times larger, frequently multiple orders of magnitude (10X or 100X) larger, and will WIN on a consistent basis.

There is no "perfect" company, but ECC goes a long way towards acheiving that objective. ECC is serious about its employees' health, providing benefits that are unheard of elsewhere in the industry -- healthy snacks in offices, wellness incentives / competitions, and more.

As an employee owned company, ECC allows staff to participate in its financial success.

Depending on position, many ECC employees work from home and travel as need be to one of the offices or project sites.

Cons

Being entrepreneurial means taking risks to expand into a new market or sector. Sometimes that means taking lumps, hits to the bottom line. No risk, no reward.

Some staff can be overwhelmed with work load, but that occurs everywhere.

38 Other Employee Reviews for ECC (View Most Recent)

ECC is an excellent place to work and one of the best consultants I have worked for.

Current Employee - Environmental Engineer in Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Environmental Engineer in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at ECC

Pros

Great people, professional, competent team.

Cons

Slightly too much training requirements.

Keep doing an excellent job.

This is an environment which fosters professionalism while all the while encouraging individualism.

Current Employee - Estimating in Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Estimating in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at ECC

Pros

Typically I feel constantly challenged, yet comfortable in a supportive environment. I have never felt as though I am on an 'island', with no options available to me. The group tends to rise to face challenges but can also inject levity, into the workplace, when needed. Everyone I have encountered is passionate and well versed in the respective fields. Being an employee owned company, coupled with working for a company that has a well respected and positive presence in the world, acts to promote a beaming sense of pride.

Cons

As with many positions these days travel is often necessary. To that end, with a young family travel can be an unwanted intrusion into an already hectic life. But, an understanding partner as well as the thrill of the reunion, can lesson the sting from time away. I would also appreciate a more organized training schedule, especially during 'down times'. While there are numerous training events during the year, on varying topics, specific training targeted to 'down times', especially year end, I feel, would lessen the potential to become complacent.

The educated employee-owner is a successful employee-owner. What I mean by that is, encouragement to diversify one's knowledge base and move out of a given 'comfort zone', I feel, would keep the employee-owner stimulated and want to take on different challenges. I am sure that there an many ways this could be accomplished, one of which may involve 'shadowing' another employee-owner and perhaps taking specific classes towards this discilpine. This, coupled with a close examination of the current employee-owners, may reveal a hidden jem in an otherwise un-tapped environment.

There are newer employer reviews for ECC