There are newer employer reviews for ECC

It's Like Night and Day

I have been working at ECC full-time for less than a year

Pros

I just recently made the move to ECC from my previous employer, also a general contractor, who I was with for the majority of my professional carreer (~7 years). Because I haven't been with the company for that long (<1 year), I can't honestly comment about the career opportunities, growth, compensation, or even my fellow coworkers (I have probably only met <10% of the company so far).

However, what I can comment on is the profound impact this move has made on my personal life. Working here is like night and day compared to my previous employer. I specifically made the move because I was unhappy with my work/life balance and I saw myself spiraling out of control....40lbs overweight, no outside interests/hobbies, minimal involvement with my kids, completely ill tempered, and a work schedule that had me leaving the house before anyone else woke up and getting home well after everyone had already eaten dinner. Even my weekends consisted more of preparing for the upcoming work week than enjoying my life and my family.

Life at ECC has been a complete turnaround. I'm healthier (~20lbs lighter), more active (running, biking, playing sports), more involved with my kids (coaching, helping with school work, eating dinner with them), happier (took my first summer vacation in 8 years), and getting back to my interests. Now don't get me wrong, there's work involved....and on those days/weeks that work requires more of my time, I may not make it home for dinner or my sons' T-ball game. But since I started my here, that has been the exception rather than the rule.

As my career progresses here I will definetly check back and add any additional comments about my coworkers, compensation, opportunities for growth/development, etc (although I don't anticipate any issues based on what the rest of my coworkers tell me). But anyone who thinks that your life needs to be dominated by work at the expense of you and your family......believe me.....there is a complete other world out there and I'm grateful that ECC has given me the opportunity to see that.

Cons

The one con I can add at this point is that there doesn't seem to be a clear and transparent structure to the salary ranges and career paths. The company I came from had a very detailed and organized system where you could always pull up job descriptions and salary ranges for any position in the company. This allowed employees to not only see how they were performing in their own positions, but also see what they had to do/learn to advance to the next level in their career paths or what other career paths were possible or attractive to them. That is virtually non-existent here, but it may be in development.

Develop clear career paths and salary ranges. It will keep your employees motivated to strive to reach their next level. I don't think anyone is comfortable with a company where its employees are just content to be where they are.

34 Other Employee Reviews for ECC (View Most Recent)

ECC has given me the opportunity to learn and grow, and can do the same for you!

I have been working at ECC

Pros

As a recent college graduate I feel privileged to be employed by ECC. This job has opened a door which I have had the opportunity to learn and grow. ECC has created and maintained an excellent office culture that inspires individuals to succeed. The employees are always willing to lend a helping hand. With an environment such as ECC's it is no wonder that employees are so happy to be part of the ECC family, and now, so am I!

Cons

I enjoy my job so much it is hard to think of the downsides to working at ECC. If I had to choose one downside though I would have to say location. Currently I am quite far from the office so my commute is the only negative aspect I have with working at ECC. Although even ECC manages to take a negative aspect and shed some positivity on it. ECC does an excellent job understanding how difficult it is to travel all the time, so in order to support the employee, ECC encourages working from home.

I have only been with ECC for a little under a year, so as I continue to notice the management and leadership styles the more I learn about the companies values. Management really seems to care for the employee and will take the time out of his or her day to learn more about you and how they can help you grow. My only advice to management would be to continue reflecting the values and goals as they have done an excellent job representing ECC.

Amazing place to work with excellent benefits.

I have been working at ECC

Pros

ECC values its employees as owners in the company. Our benefits package is excellent!

Cons

It would be wonderful to see more women in upper management.

There are newer employer reviews for ECC

Worked for ECC? Contribute to the Community!