ECPI University

www.ecpi.edu
  www.ecpi.edu
There are newer employer reviews for ECPI University

Constant challenges and ability to progress within the company keep work interesting.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at ECPI University full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I rarely have a day where I have to find work to do. The work is always challenging and keeps you on top of your game. Compensation is great and the benefits meet the needs of majority of the employees. Coworkers are very supportive and the more senior staff are happy to explain the workings of the organization. It is a constant learning experience. (no pun intended)

Cons

For a large organization, there seems to be a lack of unity amongst the campuses. Senior leadership keeps to themselves and rarely branches out to lower level employees (although I am still new, so I may have just not seen this or experienced it yet). There also seems to be a lack of recognition and employee engagement activities.

There could be more focus on employee engagement, recognition and work/life balance for employees.

71 Other Employee Reviews for ECPI University (View Most Recent)

If you enjoy being treated like an insignificant nobody and just a number then ECPI University is the place for you.

Former Employee - Admissions Advisor in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Admissions Advisor in Charleston, SC

I worked at ECPI University full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is a job that offers a decent pay scale. If you are looking to go back to school they will help you pay for college. It can be very rewarding when you see your students start and finish their program and see how they have grown through the process and are able to celebrate their successes.

Cons

The schedule does not allow you to have an outside life and management could care less. They feel like they own you and make it known that you are very replaceable and that you should be grateful to have a job. You are treated like a child, everything you do or say is scrutinized. There is very little consistency in the policies between campuses. It all depends on who the leadership is at your campus as to how things are run so you can never get any backing from upper management because the campus president has the final word.The training is very lacking at ECPI. I had been with the company for 3 1/2 years before I was ever sent to New Advisor training. No room for advancement unless you are at the main campuses in VA.

Upper management needs to be more approachable to their employees. Unless you have a director's title they will not even acknowledge you when they visit the campus. I was an employee for over 4 years and had many campus visits by the University President/owner and his right hand people and in that time was never spoken to by them and not only that they try to avoid even making eye contact with you. Human Resources is horrible and needs to realize that picking up the phone and returning your call is part of their job and not the imposition they make it seem to be. You need to realize that people do have lives outside of ECPI and offer some flexibility in the constant schedule changes.

Okay if you don't mind a complete lack of individuality

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at ECPI University part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good student interaction, programs for students are really good, most faculty members truly care about the students; overall, the job was really quite easy

Cons

Corporate has a script for almost everything; phone calls are monitored; corporate only cares about number of students enrolled - I was introduced to the University President (of the entire organization, not just my campus) and 4-5 other people from corporate. Once introduced, I said "Hello, nice to meet you." They all looked me moved on without saying anything. Since I wasn't admissions and not bringing in money, they didn't care. Since I wasn't admissions, I wasn't allowed to give any information over the phone.

There are newer employer reviews for ECPI University