EDS Canada

www.en.eds.ca
  www.en.eds.ca
There are newer employer reviews for EDS Canada

sword of Damocles?

Current Employee - Information Analyst in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Information Analyst in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at EDS Canada

Pros

some rates of pay are very good. the vacation schedule before being acquired by HP was generous. most managers are flexible with regards to time off or time away. the benefit package as given by EDS was on par with other companies in the industry. the work environment is comfortable. the technology given to complete your work is adequate. most of the people who work for EDS are friendly and outgoing. there are few bad apples. it is a very big company so i would assume for some there is the chance to move around within and do different jobs in other parts of the world.

Cons

formal training is not easy to come by. we are expected to wholly train on our own time with little to no support (technology workers) while sales and PM workers get paid working hours training easily. this doesn't seem to be translating into sales however. moral is very low while waiting for HP to complete laying off people. i do not see a lot of new work coming in to Canada, this is disconcerting, perhaps the unit will be sold off for medical experiments, to paraphrase Monty python. there is a corporate expectation to work overtime without compensation. there are many positions which manage other workers without recognition or reward.

get it over with and move on

15 Other Employee Reviews for EDS Canada (View Most Recent)

Not a bad place but need more flexibility... Less red tape and no more non-sence desision..

Current Employee - Information Specialist in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Information Specialist in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at EDS Canada

Pros

For some levels in Quebec, the overtime is paid...
    Can work from home.
    Lot of different line of business so lot of opportunity.

Cons

Might be too big... It's very long to change anything. (even small little things)
    Leaders are not on the same planet... Sometime, they do non-sense things, and we can't argue. We are not soldiers, we're employees..

Changing some leaders would be a good idea...

Go somewhere safer where you have some kind of protection against wrongfull dismisal etc.

Current Employee - Infrastrcture Specialist in Oshawa, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Infrastrcture Specialist in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at EDS Canada

Pros

Location and not hving to commute to Toronto. Som,e flexibility in work hours depending on workload..

Cons

Now have to pay for less benefits then we recieved for free before. Constantly taking away benefits from employees. Overtime goinbe. Flex trime gone. workload on the increase. Always asking to do more with no reward incentive other then to perhaps keep your job if you are lucky.

Give back something to employees. Stop m,oving mission critical; tasks to third world countries. Wokr for the government or someplace with a union if possible. Otherwise work for whoever pays the most.

There are newer employer reviews for EDS Canada