EF Education First North America
www.ef.edu Boston, MA 5000+ Employees

EF can offer so many opportunities to someone who is motivated by a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.

Cambridge, MA

ProsEnergizing, stimulating, great potential for growth and development: these are just a few of the terms I would use to describe the pros of working at EF. I've had the opportunity to touch so many different kinds of projects and work in the time I've been at EF, and the possibilities can seem endless.

ConsBecause EF is so fast-paced, it's easy to lose yourself in the work and completely lose work-life balance, which is not always a top priority for the management. With anything that is moving quickly, sometimes you can miss/skip some crucial steps, which can be frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore emphasis on staff development at large is needed. It was very prevalent several years ago, but has all but disappeared more recently. If you are lucky enough to have a manger who is interested in developing their staff then you will go places, but on the whole the development is a bit hit or miss.

Great place for a 22 year old-

Regional Account Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

I worked at EF Education First North America full-time for more than a year

Pros: Honestly, amazing benefits. EF probably has the most comprehensive medical plan in the corporate world. Great dental, good 401k matching.… Cons: EF has absolutely no interest in employee retention. They hire 22 year old kids straight out of college to man the phones and work… Advice to Senior Management: Care about talent. If someone is good; promote them.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Highest turn over rate in Denver with lowest pay.

Tour Consultant (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

I have been working at EF Education First North America full-time for less than a year

Pros: Young environment, you get to travel once a year on a tour (if they dont… Cons: They expect you to work 10+ hours a day with no over time, take no lunch breaks and come in on weekends for $27,000 a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on EF Education First North America.

Worked for EF Education First North America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EF Education First North America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EF Education First North America CEO Eddie Hult. All reviews posted anonymously by EF Education First North America employees.