EF Education First North America
www.ef.edu Boston, MA 5000+ Employees

Great first job - little room for growth

Tour Consultant (Former Employee)
Cambridge, MA

ProsFun company, younger staff, beautiful office, good/affordable health benefits & opportunity to travel. While I was there we had every other Friday off - huge plus. A great first job for someone right out of college & a great place to make new friends!

ConsHigh expectations for little pay. Felt like just a number - not a lot of opportunity for growth. Salary wasn't high enough to make living in the Boston area attainable.

Review for Go Ahead Tours, sister company of EF

Tour Consultant (Former Employee)
    Cambridge, MA

I worked at EF Education First North America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good pay in sales for top-performers, excellent benefits (medical/dental, 3/4 weeks vacation, annual free trips) professional… Cons: The leader here is, sadly, not a leader; obsessed with arbitrary numbers (except the numbers that count, customers booked), making broken promises of prizes based… Advice to Senior Management: Someone should be watching the decisions of the current leader at Go Ahead Tours. Put in place a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It's like working for free.

English Teacher (Current Employee)
    Tarrytown, NY

I have been working at EF Education First North America part-time for less than a year

Pros: Wonderful students, great colleagues, safe environment, always new faces because… Cons: Cafeteria workers earn more than teachers. Feeling exploited, no benefits,… Advice to Senior Management: EF is the largest private education company in the world and it got that way by charging students top-dollar and supplying bad food and lousy… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on EF Education First North America.

Worked for EF Education First North America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EF Education First North America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EF Education First North America CEO Eddie Hult. All reviews posted anonymously by EF Education First North America employees.