There are newer employer reviews for EF Education First

Solid place for first time work experience

Former Employee - Intern in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at EF Education First

Pros

Great physical environment - I appreciated the large open spaces and the building itself, architecture is important to me - definitely enhances the quality of life. People are young and attractive, a good energy reverberates in that company, great place to have one of your first job experiences.

Cons

I wouldn't say this company offers much opportunity for career growth. It seemed that it was hard to get promoted - then again I was just interning for several months so my opinion is probably not that accurate.

Advice to Management

Seek out new ways and incentives to make the TC's more invested in their jobs. That position seems to be pretty transient - the retention rate should always be an issue of focus for sales positions.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A great place to start a career but not a long term company

I have been working at EF Education First

Pros

Great benefits including lots of vacation time and travel opportunities, enjoyable work environment, lots of opportunities to try different positions.

Cons

It's hard to move up in your industry if you find a job that you like. EF in Boston is mainly a sales and customer service center so if you are an operational employee, you often feel like you are at the bottom of the totem pole.

Advice to Management

Make sure to treat all employees fairly. Follow the company policy of having an "open door"

2. Great first job, but easy to feel stuck with no upward movement after a few years

I have been working at EF Education First

Pros

The people they hire are fantastic, there's no doubt about that. It's a fun, interesting place to work especially for a first job out of college. Having a bar in the building is a great place to network. What the company is all about - providing affordable global opportunities for students is inspirational and really exciting to be a part of. There are also many different departments so lateral moves between products are common.

Cons

The company most definitely lacks in professional development and any kind of upward growth. Within ET Sales, I have seen only a small handful people be promoted in years, instead they've been hiring from the outside instead of promoting internally. It's also expected that with some of the travel opportunities and great benefits - the salary is simply not competitive.

Advice to Management

While having fun events and parties is great for morale, it's really important for employees to feel like there is something to move towards. I've seen more of my colleagues move on to other companies simply because there is no room for growth at EF. Investing just a bit more in professional development and growth opportunities and less in parties will retain more fantastic, hardworking employees.