There are newer employer reviews for EF Education First

Respectable, fun, and enlightening company to intern for while in school.

Current Intern - Campus Manager
Current Intern - Campus Manager

I have been working at EF Education First as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

This internship has taught me a lot about myself and has taught me how to be a professional before I graduate college. I have learned to be a more responsible adult, and to grow up and not think of myself as a kid anymore. I have been urged to grow outside of my "box", and to challenge myself and what I feel is capable. Working for the travel industry has, at the same time as maturing me, reminded me that I should make sure I am always having fun with what I'm doing. I look at the upper management, and they are happy. Feeling accomplished and content at the end of my day, and valuing what I do, are the most important things to me.

Cons

It is a lot of hard work and sometimes it can be discouraging, working in sales, to not have any people book a trip, even though you have tried so hard. The quota is a little high for the Campus Managers to reach when they are trying to get their free trip (sell 8 trips), but I think they do set it there just so we can prove to them and ourselves that we can do it.

Advice to Management

The quota for receiving your free trip is a little bit high. It is HARD to make someone book on a trip. It takes so much hard work just for one, and when you don't reach the free trip, you kind of feel jipped even though you put in all the hard work. I would say, give a little bit more EFCB travel value for booking 4 trips- maybe $1000, because we are broke college students, this is why we're doing this internship, and having $1000 off a trip of at least $4000 makes it seem a little more feasible than selling 4 trips and getting $500 off. Then, when you reach 6- $1,500, 8- $2,000, and so on. :)

Other Employee Reviews for EF Education First

1. Great experience, amazing travel opportunities, low pay

Former Employee - Operations Coordinator in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Operations Coordinator in Cambridge, MA

I worked at EF Education First full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Enthusiastic, fun co-workers; unreal travel perks; plenty of challenging work; fun environment

Cons

Long hours with low compensation; understaffed at busy times; not much room for upward mobility

2. Great first job - little room for growth

Former Employee - Tour Consultant in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Tour Consultant in Cambridge, MA

I worked at EF Education First full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun company, younger staff, beautiful office, good/affordable health benefits & opportunity to travel. While I was there we had every other Friday off - huge plus. A great first job for someone right out of college & a great place to make new friends!

Cons

High expectations for little pay. Felt like just a number - not a lot of opportunity for growth. Salary wasn't high enough to make living in the Boston area attainable.