There are newer employer reviews for EF Education First

Great Company, but not for people who want fast growth

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES
Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES

I worked at EF Education First full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great travel opportunity domestic and international, reliable expenses covered, training and development, office is big enough to find friends and people with similar interests. Intresting market to work in, blending education and travel. The values and experiences you are representing make it a very fulfilling job, with international opportunities if you invest years into a role. It's a great place to work for a few years but you may find yourself wanting more. While I was there, several large changes in company structure and culture took place

Cons

Political office, struggles to figure out a balance between corporate culture and individual personalities of staff, slow to change. Regardless of employees potential and results, you really have to put in the time to move up in the company and drink the company cool-aid. Speaking up against some things can get you in trouble. Some managers and directors were great to work with, others really got in the way of the companies potential

Advice to Management

Listen to feedback from staff and and try and allow a more transparent work place

reviews filtered by
  1. Good company for the outgoing and independent minded

Former Employee - Program Manager in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I worked at EF Education First full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Like a lot of other reviewers here, I agree that EF essentially gives its workers a lot of independence. It means that if you're outgoing and persistent, you'll have a lot of flexibility to finish your own projects. Bosses are very supportive and coworkers are generally helpful.

Cons

For those who like structure and guidance, this is not the right place. EF is not great to codifying procedures and following policies. This means that when you arrive, no one is going to tell you exactly how to do your job. This also means you need to reach out, proactively, or you're going to stagnate.

Advice to Management

Try and document more. Independence and initiative is good, but resources and expertise can't hurt.

Also, better coffee and tea selection please! It's caffeine — it means we're working harder for you!

2. Great experience with EF

Former Employee - Content Development in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Former Employee - Content Development in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I worked at EF Education First full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Super nice office, really friendly and international colleagues, exciting industry. The best thing about EF I think is that they are doing loads of product development and working on new technologies to help learners succeed.

Cons

Growth has been so fast that sometimes the office gets crowded, lots of young people running things and learning as they go on... I liked it, but if you want a "big company" structured atmosphere it's not really right for you.

Advice to Management

Do a better job on employee branding -- amazing how few reviews there are on here when I know 100s of happy employees there that can talk about their experiences.