EFCO-Iowa
www.efcoforms.com Des Moines, IA 150 to 499 Employees

Some things never change

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Des Moines, IA

ProsLocation is good for commuting. Newer office building is nice.

ConsI agree with previous poster and it sounds like nothing has changed since I was there years ago. I would warn anyone thinking about going there for a job to realize that if you aren't a friend or pet of the owners you will stay in a dead-end job with very a poor chance for decent raises. Family-owned, and it shows in a negative response to anything the owner doesn't want to do. He has a "little boy" temper and isn't averse to letting it out on anyone that upsets him. His son, the apparent heir to the monarchy, is even worse.

Expect to be treated like a slab of meat. I've seen excellent employees marched out the door on Friday afternoon because the manager they worked for didn't like them. It was the worst environment I have ever experienced in a workplace. The office still has buzzers hanging in the halls to tell you when work and breaks start and stop. You will get a lecture if you aren't consistent in being at your desk as required - unless you are a smoker. It's OK for them to wander outside whenever they want to have a puff. If you, as a non-smoker, join them you will catch Hell for it.

Avoid this company like the plague. The smartest move I ever made in my career was to get out of EFCO.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsidering the number of times attempts were made to steer the CEO into a kinder, gentler workplace when I was there, and the reaction to those attempts, I have none. You aren't going to listen anyway.

EFCO Needs Work

General Employee (Current Employee)
    Des Moines, IA

I have been working at EFCO-Iowa

Pros: Relaxed work environment. Friendly co-workers. Good location for… Cons: Incompetent upper management. Benefits are mediocre. Average salaries. Low respect for employees. People are appointed to management positions based on length… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to all employees as well as respect their opinions. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Small company with big plans supported by small ideas.

Plant Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at EFCO-Iowa

Pros: Attracts top talent in construction field. Colleague's are talented and work towards a single goal. Too much in-fighting… Cons: Lack of leadership or long-term perspective from senior management. No career path development. Typically… Advice to Senior Management: Recognize top talent in organization and provide them with a clear career path to succeed. Replace senior management… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on EFCO-Iowa.

Worked for EFCO-Iowa? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EFCO-Iowa reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EFCO-Iowa CEO A. L. Jennings. All reviews posted anonymously by EFCO-Iowa employees.