EFI

w3.efi.com

Once a good company but has since lost it's way

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Foster City, CA

ProsThe work hours are flexible to a degree. There are still some good people around, but they are jumping ship fast.

ConsAs described by many of the postings here already, the management is clueless. They essentially took a cash-cow and are milking it to its death. The Fiery has essentially been in maintenance mode for the last year with no new innovation coming from the huge R&D expenditure taken by the business division.

To be promoted either you have had to have been a reasonably good engineer at one time, which doesn't particularly make you a good manager, or you need to suck up to higher management. Your pay is based on who you suck up to - nothing to do with education, capabilities or accomplishments.

Overall this is a dying company with very limited room for growth or career progression. Most are hoping EFI gets bought out by one of our customers, but as the value of the company continues to decline this becomes less and less of a value proposition.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf management took any advice they probably wouldn't be in the mess they are in now. Essentially the management team needs to be replaced by competent business leaders, but as that has not happened in the last ten years, I can't see it happening now.

EFI - great people, cool technology, poor management team, dated coding practices and standards.

Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) Foster City, CA

I worked at EFI

Pros: Excellent people, some of the best brains in color and… Cons: Poor direction from executive management. Salaries are on lower side. Declining business. Poor… Advice to Senior Management: Trim the high level fat. Executives need to set examples… More

It's all about the people.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Foster City, CA

I have been working at EFI

Pros: People tend to stay at EFI for a very long time, really I think because of the people they are working with. It's a… Cons: There is always a sense that we don't have budget. It doesn't matter what it is, it's assumed there's no money. This comes… Advice to Senior Management: Take a step back and look at the big picture.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on EFI.

Worked for EFI? Contribute to the Community!