There are newer employer reviews for EFI

Good experience, except for the pay

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I worked at EFI full-time

Pros

Smart, friendly people
Leader in digital print technology, as it is
Comfortable work environment (in Foster City)
- Note that this was in their Foster City location. I understand they are moving to the East Bay.

Cons

The Fiery business is slowly sinking as the general printing business shrinks, and it seems to be a cash cow. Other areas may be better (like large format VUTEK or the Applications management businesses).
Pay is below average in the industry. Bonuses are small. Raises are small. RSUs (if you get them) are small.
Extra work is generally expected to "get the job done". Weekends and late nights are not uncommon.

Advice to Management

The stock is above 30 finally. Look for a buyer.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great people. Management and direction of company is a work in progress.

Former Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Foster City, CA

I worked at EFI full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I really loved the people and my immediate managers. For most of my career there, my immediate managers trusted me and let me try on new things.

Cons

As company grew, the culture changed a lot. It became less about rewarding people for great work, more about money, and political. Training is scare if you aren't on the "chosen" list.

Advice to Management

Take more time to think through things versus looking at money. Never forget that your employees contribute greatly to your success, so it pays to treat them all well.

Lots of Potential, Need to Harness the Energy

Current Employee - People Manager in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - People Manager in Foster City, CA

I have been working at EFI full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Freedom to do what I please. I can foresee a problem, select my own project, gather other interested members to partner with, and drive to solve the problem with complete autonomy.

Cons

Having complete autonomy means I can introduce a solution without approval from stakeholders. I can develop a product without any insight into what the market really wants and needs. I can invest money without the prospect of ROI or a prognosis for future revenue with the product. I can release something with poor quality (not that I know because we do not benchmark criteria to determine "good" quality that is mutually acceptable to our customer base) and pass it to Tech Support without their buy-in and with very little information on how to support this product.

Advice to Management

Tighter checks and balances over projects. While admirable that we can all run with our ideas, every individual is not equipped with the tools to plan projects, costing analysis, variable cost of manufacture, projections, predictive monitoring, and many other aspects needed for a sound project. Projects should not pass checkpoints without fully satisfying the requirements for that stage. If we have not met them, then we should repeat the stage so that we get it right. Our customers depend on us to do the needful in this regard.

There are newer employer reviews for EFI