EFI

w3.efi.com
  w3.efi.com
There are newer employer reviews for EFI

Good experience, except for the pay

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I worked at EFI full-time

Pros

Smart, friendly people
Leader in digital print technology, as it is
Comfortable work environment (in Foster City)
- Note that this was in their Foster City location. I understand they are moving to the East Bay.

Cons

The Fiery business is slowly sinking as the general printing business shrinks, and it seems to be a cash cow. Other areas may be better (like large format VUTEK or the Applications management businesses).
Pay is below average in the industry. Bonuses are small. Raises are small. RSUs (if you get them) are small.
Extra work is generally expected to "get the job done". Weekends and late nights are not uncommon.

The stock is above 30 finally. Look for a buyer.

205 Other Employee Reviews for EFI (View Most Recent)

Great people. Management and direction of company is a work in progress.

Former Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Foster City, CA

I worked at EFI full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I really loved the people and my immediate managers. For most of my career there, my immediate managers trusted me and let me try on new things.

Cons

As company grew, the culture changed a lot. It became less about rewarding people for great work, more about money, and political. Training is scare if you aren't on the "chosen" list.

Take more time to think through things versus looking at money. Never forget that your employees contribute greatly to your success, so it pays to treat them all well.

Great culture, but document everything twice

Current Employee - Software Quality Engineer in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Software Quality Engineer in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at EFI full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The work-life balance is supported, the benefits are excellent and most of your colleagues are genuinely team players. Training receives some support, particularly if you pursue it yourself. Casual atmosphere, casual attire, and flexible schedules are good, and when I worked there, the company closed down just prior to the Christmas holidays and reopened after New Year's day. HR people are generally excellent and helpful.

Cons

Document everything you are directed to do, and keep copies of your performance reviews. Some managers, including project managers, have very flexible memories, and if you have the necessary documentation, it can save you. You need to watch your back, even from your own team members.

You need to better inform your managers what is legal and ethical in terms of dealing with your immediate reports, both while they are still employed at the company and after they leave.

There are newer employer reviews for EFI