There are newer employer reviews for EFI

What a disaster

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer  in  Meredith, NH
Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Meredith, NH

I worked at EFI

Pros

Free Coffee, close to home.

Cons

Before EFI bought Vutek the company could release new products quickly and efficiently. When it was bought by EFI things went downhill very fast. People were brought in great numbers who knew nothing about the technology. The only thing these people seemed to offer was more paperwork and more politics. The people who had the experience were silenced and left out to pasture. I have never worked in a place where management is so politically motivated and I hope I never will again. I believe EFI is a good example of why US companies fail.

Why bother, they are not listening.

189 Other Employee Reviews for EFI (View Most Recent)

Once a good company but has since lost it's way

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at EFI

Pros

The work hours are flexible to a degree. There are still some good people around, but they are jumping ship fast.

Cons

As described by many of the postings here already, the management is clueless. They essentially took a cash-cow and are milking it to its death. The Fiery has essentially been in maintenance mode for the last year with no new innovation coming from the huge R&D expenditure taken by the business division.

To be promoted either you have had to have been a reasonably good engineer at one time, which doesn't particularly make you a good manager, or you need to suck up to higher management. Your pay is based on who you suck up to - nothing to do with education, capabilities or accomplishments.

Overall this is a dying company with very limited room for growth or career progression. Most are hoping EFI gets bought out by one of our customers, but as the value of the company continues to decline this becomes less and less of a value proposition.

If management took any advice they probably wouldn't be in the mess they are in now. Essentially the management team needs to be replaced by competent business leaders, but as that has not happened in the last ten years, I can't see it happening now.

EFI - great people, cool technology, poor management team, dated coding practices and standards.

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager  in  Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Foster City, CA

I worked at EFI

Pros

Excellent people, some of the best brains in color and imaging technology.
    Decent benefits.
    Flex time available in most departments.
    large start up!

Cons

Poor direction from executive management.
    Salaries are on lower side.
    Declining business.
    Poor vision / unimaginative management.

Trim the high level fat. Executives need to set examples by cutting their own corporate expenses, take a pay cut, etc.

There are newer employer reviews for EFI

Worked for EFI? Contribute to the Community!