EFI

w3.efi.com

A good company to work for, depending on the dept.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Foster City, CA

ProsEFI has a very nice campus with a view of the bay. The senior management seem competent and fairly approachable. They honestly don't like to have layoffs (though there have been) and they look for other ways to trim costs first. Most of the people are nice and intelligent. Compensation isn't bad. Many employees have been here for years and that says something good about EFI.

ConsSome managers and directors are next to worthless. It's an OEM driven business which means that there is always tension between what the OEM wants (customization) and efforts to standardize. Not a very "green" place to work as lots of paper is wasted needlessly.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt probably will sound very hippy-dippy, but the worker-bees in my department should be allowed to find and hire our manager and director. We would be much more effective, innovative, dynamic, and contented if we were given the power to find and hire our own departmental leaders.

What a disaster

Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) Meredith, NH

I worked at EFI

Pros: Free Coffee, close to home. Cons: Before EFI bought Vutek the company could release new products quickly and efficiently. When it was bought by EFI things went downhill very fast. People… Advice to Senior Management: Why bother, they are not listening. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Once a good company but has since lost it's way

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Foster City, CA

I have been working at EFI

Pros: The work hours are flexible to a degree. There are… Cons: As described by many of the postings here already, the management is clueless. They essentially took a cash-cow and are milking it to its death.… Advice to Senior Management: If management took any advice they probably wouldn't be in the mess they are in now. Essentially the management team needs to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on EFI.

Worked for EFI? Contribute to the Community!