EFI

w3.efi.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for EFI

It was a great place, now it has no future

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I worked at EFI

Pros

In the 90's, it was a great place to work. I actually loved the work I did and miss some of the people.

Cons

In the past decade, it gets worse every year. More hard work, more responsibility and less pay. I wish it would be put out of it's misery - for everyones sake.

To the VPs, Pres and higher: The employees are miserable. You still have some good employees, give them raises and bonuses or you'll loose them.

213 Other Employee Reviews for EFI (View Most Recent)

What a disaster

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Meredith, NH
    Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Meredith, NH

I worked at EFI

Pros

Free Coffee, close to home.

Cons

Before EFI bought Vutek the company could release new products quickly and efficiently. When it was bought by EFI things went downhill very fast. People were brought in great numbers who knew nothing about the technology. The only thing these people seemed to offer was more paperwork and more politics. The people who had the experience were silenced and left out to pasture. I have never worked in a place where management is so politically motivated and I hope I never will again. I believe EFI is a good example of why US companies fail.

Why bother, they are not listening.

Once a good company but has since lost it's way

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at EFI

Pros

The work hours are flexible to a degree. There are still some good people around, but they are jumping ship fast.

Cons

As described by many of the postings here already, the management is clueless. They essentially took a cash-cow and are milking it to its death. The Fiery has essentially been in maintenance mode for the last year with no new innovation coming from the huge R&D expenditure taken by the business division.

To be promoted either you have had to have been a reasonably good engineer at one time, which doesn't particularly make you a good manager, or you need to suck up to higher management. Your pay is based on who you suck up to - nothing to do with education, capabilities or accomplishments.

Overall this is a dying company with very limited room for growth or career progression. Most are hoping EFI gets bought out by one of our customers, but as the value of the company continues to decline this becomes less and less of a value proposition.

If management took any advice they probably wouldn't be in the mess they are in now. Essentially the management team needs to be replaced by competent business leaders, but as that has not happened in the last ten years, I can't see it happening now.

There are newer employer reviews for EFI