EFI

w3.efi.com
There are newer employer reviews for EFI

It was a great place, now it has no future

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I worked at EFI

Pros

In the 90's, it was a great place to work. I actually loved the work I did and miss some of the people.

Cons

In the past decade, it gets worse every year. More hard work, more responsibility and less pay. I wish it would be put out of it's misery - for everyones sake.

To the VPs, Pres and higher: The employees are miserable. You still have some good employees, give them raises and bonuses or you'll loose them.

207 Other Employee Reviews for EFI (View Most Recent)

A good company to work for, depending on the dept.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at EFI

Pros

EFI has a very nice campus with a view of the bay. The senior management seem competent and fairly approachable. They honestly don't like to have layoffs (though there have been) and they look for other ways to trim costs first. Most of the people are nice and intelligent. Compensation isn't bad. Many employees have been here for years and that says something good about EFI.

Cons

Some managers and directors are next to worthless. It's an OEM driven business which means that there is always tension between what the OEM wants (customization) and efforts to standardize. Not a very "green" place to work as lots of paper is wasted needlessly.

It probably will sound very hippy-dippy, but the worker-bees in my department should be allowed to find and hire our manager and director. We would be much more effective, innovative, dynamic, and contented if we were given the power to find and hire our own departmental leaders.

What a disaster

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Meredith, NH
    Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Meredith, NH

I worked at EFI

Pros

Free Coffee, close to home.

Cons

Before EFI bought Vutek the company could release new products quickly and efficiently. When it was bought by EFI things went downhill very fast. People were brought in great numbers who knew nothing about the technology. The only thing these people seemed to offer was more paperwork and more politics. The people who had the experience were silenced and left out to pasture. I have never worked in a place where management is so politically motivated and I hope I never will again. I believe EFI is a good example of why US companies fail.

Why bother, they are not listening.

There are newer employer reviews for EFI