There are newer employer reviews for ELS Educational Services

A great environment to learn and grow on the job

I have been working at ELS Educational Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This company is full of fantastic staff, motivated students and offers a caring and supportive environment. There are many opportunities for advancement within the company if you are prepared to work hard. Good work in acknowledged and rewarded.

Cons

The volume of work can be challenging at times. The size of the organization makes communication difficult at times. Would be good if middle level staff could have more input into policy and planning.

Advice to Management

Consult and listen to feedback from staff on the ground before making major changes.

Other Employee Reviews for ELS Educational Services

ELS in Oman was totally unprofessional, didn't pay teachers, didn't provide materials, etc. yet all students passed.

Former Contractor - ESL Instructor in Nizwa (Oman)
    Former Contractor - ESL Instructor in Nizwa (Oman)

I worked at ELS Educational Services as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

You never know what you are going to get with an ELS franchise.

Cons

Insurance coverage was a fraud, when I discovered and told others, ELS began a campaign against me to fire me illegally.

Advice to Management

Check the credentials of your teachers and administrators. ELS management in Oman was connected to fraud cases in South Africa. Some teachers hadn't even gone to college, and one could not even write a paragraph in English.

2. The most ETHICAL company in its industry.

Current Employee - Sales Coordinator in Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - Sales Coordinator in Chennai (India)

I have been working at ELS Educational Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ELS Language Centers are representatives of over 700 US Institutions and are building further "non-agent" model relationships with the best of the institutions in Canada and Australia. Students who qualify the language requirements at ELS Language Centres with ELS Language Courses are exempt from TOEFL for now in the USA.

Cons

As this a business where we out the STUDENTS first we cannot be irresponsible

Advice to Management

The upper management are very clear and particular in setting the goals correct and they are sure that, unlike many others in the field who are no competition to us, appointing foreign graduates is the best solution to help us help STUDENTS better.