EMC

No vision

Current Employee - Consultant Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Consultant Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at EMC

Pros

okay benefit, fairly decent work schedule

Cons

no career growth, senior managments have no idea what to do with software products

Provide better vision. Career growth is extremely critical to any employee

2043 Other Employee Reviews for EMC (View Most Recent)

Storage - Not sexy but is it good pay, good work, and good balance

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at EMC

Pros

Breadth of products - EMC provides the hardware, software, and services for customer's data environments.
    They are #1 in storage industry so it makes it easier to go into customers with confidence. In my position, I have the option of working from home or the office. It it very nice that I can typically schedule customer meetings around personal appointments or vice versa.

Cons

Big company bureaucracy - something that should take 10 minutes to get done can take weeks. There are still some militant upper management who think that publicy ridiculing subordinates is a good management strategy. The company "spin" on hardware/software issues makes the field distrustful. There is some old boy mentality still in place.

Look at what the storage start-ups are doing and tell EMC's story of where we are going. Is a monolithic storage device still the way to go?

The perfect work environment!

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Hopkinton, MA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Hopkinton, MA

I have been working at EMC

Pros

Working at EMC will provide you with exposure to the latest technologies. EMC is a very competitive / goal oriented work environment. The company delivers a clear message to employees, ensuring that everyone understands how their contribution benefits the company as a whole. There are many opportunities for advancement. EMC offers a great benefit package, in-house professional training, tuition reimbursement and stock options.

Cons

None - EMC is truely a great place to grow your career

Stay focused and competetive