1909 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

IF YOU WANT ADVANCEMENT AT EMC WORK IN HOPKINTON OR PLEASANTON (or stay in your present job for life)

Current Employee - Sales Representative
Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at EMC

Pros

Name recognition of employer and products, time off is somewhat easy to schedule. The network of people is fantastic as their is good espirit de corp and some really sharp minds here.

Cons

No advancement of career or any recognition if you are not at their offices in Boston or San Jose, CA. Enjoy the salary/comp you get when you join as it won't change unless you get promoted. You don't get promoted unless you work in boston or san jose or get a good, influential contact that does. Once EMC has you onboard, they just expect you to shut up and produce ("complainers" are laid off).

OFFER CAREER DEVELOPMENT! PROMOTE AND RECOGNIZE STARS THAT ARE "IN THE FIELD" AND NOT AT CORPORATE OFFICES. This means actually doing it, not giving lip service to this in Cabo or in emails.

Other Reviews for EMC

EMC Is a good company to work for.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Detroit, MI

I have been working at EMC

Pros

EMC is a good place to work. I have flexible work hours and work hard based on what is required of me. I have been here a long time so my rapport with my peers is good. EMC offers excellent benefits like good salary, good health benefits, dental benefits, plus they offer a discount on multiple partner products like Dell and automotive discounts. EMC also provides money if you want to complete further education. I have been able to work on my own hours, have excellent vacation and able to take them anytime. I am also able to get some promotion in my ranks within EMC.

Cons

I have been able to get new positions with EMC. They give too much preferences to core Hardware team.

Listen to Employees instead of listening to just the Core Hardware Team.

if you don't mind tracking your hours for every little thing you do...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at EMC

Pros

good place, new york management is pretty good.

Cons

you are fully employed, but in a sales driven environment, and it feels like being a consultant instead of an employee

...

There are newer employer reviews for EMC.

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!