There are newer employer reviews for EMC

EMC Is a good company to work for.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Detroit, MI

Pros

EMC is a good place to work. I have flexible work hours and work hard based on what is required of me. I have been here a long time so my rapport with my peers is good. EMC offers excellent benefits like good salary, good health benefits, dental benefits, plus they offer a discount on multiple partner products like Dell and automotive discounts. EMC also provides money if you want to complete further education. I have been able to work on my own hours, have excellent vacation and able to take them anytime. I am also able to get some promotion in my ranks within EMC.

Cons

I have been able to get new positions with EMC. They give too much preferences to core Hardware team.

Advice to Management

Listen to Employees instead of listening to just the Core Hardware Team.

Other Employee Reviews for EMC

1. if you don't mind tracking your hours for every little thing you do...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

good place, new york management is pretty good.

Cons

you are fully employed, but in a sales driven environment, and it feels like being a consultant instead of an employee

Advice to Management

...

This is not a place where a true IT proffessional would work at . They love to outsource jobs

Former Employee - Senior Storage Operations Specialist in Hopkinton, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Storage Operations Specialist in Hopkinton, MA

Pros

If you are newbee to the Storage Industry this is a good place to get and gain work useful skillsets . Once you gain experience leave and make real money elsewhere. Great in-house training they believe in constant ongoing training. Best training plan in the Storage Industry today.

Cons

Treated as a number not a human being. Little or no recognition when you do a good job. Poor balance between quality of life and family life. EMC does not care about your family or quality of life. They will throw you to the wolves and those who survive it get to stay.

Advice to Management

Non responsive , Non Proactive. only reactive in crisis type situations. They lack constant feedback on constant (quarterly) employee work appraisal and performance reviews. Either your in the bubble or outside of the bubble . Favoritisim runs rampid "Good Old Boys Network". 4 Managers for every employee. Process overdriven versus getting product to market where it really counts. To many chiefs and not enough indians