EMC

www.emc.com
There are newer employer reviews for EMC

EMC offers amazing benefits you won't find at other companies.

Current Employee - Marketing Program Manager in Hopkinton, MA
Current Employee - Marketing Program Manager in Hopkinton, MA

I have been working at EMC

Pros

EMC's benefits are virtually unmatchable. How many other companies offer the health benefits, fitness facilities, discounts, food options, and innovative programs that EMC offers? I think you'd be hard-pressed to find another company that offers such a depth and breadth of programs. It feels good to work for a company that understands its employees enough to make sure both the employees and their families are well provided for.

Cons

Commuting is tough, given the gas prices.

Continue being open and honest with your employees. Understanding executive decisions always make employees feel valued.

2110 Other Employee Reviews for EMC (View Most Recent)

EMC - Employer of My Choice!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at EMC

Pros

EMC provides all employees with opportunities to gain experience and exposure to leading edge technologies, global opportunities, and best in class programs that enrich our professional and personal lives. EMC recognizes the potential of employees by investing in development programs and rewards contributions that drive innovation, market opportunity and demonstrate commitment to EMC's core values.

Cons

Innovation and consolidation present significant challenges in the technology industry and are issues faced by EMC employees everyday. There is no longer the luxury of tides in the business cycle; the requirements to do more, faster, smarter and more efficient with less is an everyday fact of life. Survival requires a strong commitment and resolve.

Continue to invest in EMC securing our market leadership position, driving innovation and strenghing our ability to attract and retain the best talent in world.

EMC: A great place to start

Current Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Southborough, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Southborough, MA

I have been working at EMC

Pros

EMC has a very competitive compensation package, at least for my position. The people are friendly and welcoming and the atmosphere is not too stressful. In my opinion, there are some really great perks that come along with being employed at EMC, including employee discount programs. They also promote a lot of internal movement- it appears to me that moving from one position to another within the company is facilitated by a lot of the structure put in place by the company itself. This movement appears to be encouraged and thus provides a great opportunity for promotion and career development.

Cons

Sometimes the culture seems a bit cliquey and I think a lot of people wouldn't fit in well. If you enjoy the programs they have put in place for employee interaction and such, then you'll probably do well. But if you're not quite like the rest of the people here, then you might have a hard time finding your place. Everybody seems to be shiny happy people and that doesn't work for everyone.

I don't really have much advice or feedback to give to Senior Management besides that the intern program is stellar- interns are really given a great view of the way the company runs and working with EMC really seems to provide a great starting point for a career.

There are newer employer reviews for EMC