There are newer employer reviews for EMC

EMC offers amazing benefits you won't find at other companies.

Current Employee - Marketing Program Manager in Hopkinton, MA
Current Employee - Marketing Program Manager in Hopkinton, MA

I have been working at EMC

Pros

EMC's benefits are virtually unmatchable. How many other companies offer the health benefits, fitness facilities, discounts, food options, and innovative programs that EMC offers? I think you'd be hard-pressed to find another company that offers such a depth and breadth of programs. It feels good to work for a company that understands its employees enough to make sure both the employees and their families are well provided for.

Cons

Commuting is tough, given the gas prices.

Advice to Management

Continue being open and honest with your employees. Understanding executive decisions always make employees feel valued.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Balanced Review from an EMC Field Employee

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at EMC

Pros

Flexibility, growth, wide range of products, challenging, competitive environment, teamwork

Cons

overly complex, political management structure, subpar pay pratices

Advice to Management

be more open and upfront with all employees about processes procedures and advancement opportunities

2. A great company to work for, but you have to buy its culture.

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Ireland, IN
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Ireland, IN

I have been working at EMC

Pros

The salaries and work conditions are good compared to the other companies I worked for. The base salaries are fair according to experience, diplomas... Based on my own experience you get pressure but at a reasonable level and you don't have to go through the pains of micromanagement. I have been let lots of latitude for initiative, and I have been listened when suggesting changes... even though they did not implement them all. One more thing to consider as a Technical Support Engineer is that I have been given proper computers to works with, it's the basic stuff, but it's been the case all the time with my previous employers.

Cons

It's a very big companies which bought loads of others, and it's easy to sometimes get lost between the departments, the branches. Also work experience can vary a lot depending on the department.

Advice to Management

Ensure uniformity of practice throughout the whole company. There are discrepancies on how the employees are treated.