There are newer employer reviews for EMC

Great start to my professional life.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at EMC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great training programs, solid culture and a very fun place to work. Good training ground for young sales reps. Great place to start a career.

Cons

Not employee focused, can feel like just a number at times and there was a disconnect with my management at a micro level. Pay was not competitive.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great technology. Passionate people. New west coast management is ruining culture

Current Employee - Director in Hopkinton, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Hopkinton, MA

I have been working at EMC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

EMC is full of passionate people. All working for customer success. Fairly flat organizations allow for opportunities to excel.

Cons

Gelsinger made some lousy hires before he exited. Trying to root out long time EMCers which is fine if your replacing them with competent managers. That's simply not the case though.

Advice to Management

Hold on to the culture as long as you can. As a matter of fact, keep Tucci around as long as he will stay. Great leader.

Large corporation with lots of opportunities, but no one is trying to help you grow.

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Southborough, MA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Southborough, MA

I have been working at EMC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

EMC is a place one could easily spend his or her career. There are a myriad of opportunities in available positions as well as a vast catalog of courses to grow your knowledge in many subjects. Almost all of the people I work with are top-notch and very dedicated to the success of the company.

Cons

I wish that the management worked a little less hard. By this I mean that rather than admitting that they are double, triple and sometimes quadruple booked, I would like it if management would recognize that there is no shame in delegating responsibility and that doing so will probably increase success as well as develop your staff more.

Advice to Management

Encourage focus on group achievements, not white knight heros.