EMC

Great

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I worked at EMC

Pros

Great people . Fun place to work.

Cons

Very high pressure working conditions.

None

2056 Other Employee Reviews for EMC (View Most Recent)

EMC, Check us out

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Boston, MA

I have been working at EMC

Pros

Thepay is great and working in the technology sector has been good for 20 years. We recently acquired VMware so now we have aan outstanding compliment to our storage business.. We are looking at other acquisitions.

Cons

The technology industry moves fast, and I am always afraid we would be left behind. The chinese are coming up to speed in their manufacturing processes, being led by japanese designers. American grads want to go to B school instead of engineering school these days, so it makes it more difficult for us to find recruits for the company. All this adds up to make a very cometitive environment.

Keep up the good work.

EMC - The Place to Be (A Bad Rhyme - I know)

Current Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at EMC

Pros

Upper management is excellent and technology portfolio is extremely comprehensive. Mid level management allows the Technical Consultant teams to act as independently as they want, which gives a great, entrepreneurial environment to work in.

Cons

Internal systems (CRM, SFA, etc.) are a bit jumbled and confusing to deal with. Additionally, I get the vibe that if I want to really move up in the company, I will need to move to Hopkinton. That may not be too different from how other companies are, I suppose.

Streamline how we interact with our customers with a SOLID CRM solution and encourage better integration with sales folks from acquired products like RSA, Documentum, and VMWare to enhance the EMC image.

There are newer employer reviews for EMC