1909 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

a giant in data storage industry

Current Employee - Technology Consultant  in  Frankfurt, Bavaria (Germany)
Current Employee - Technology Consultant in Frankfurt, Bavaria (Germany)

I have been working at EMC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

products and strategy
salary and benefits above average
career development
fair company for women employees

Cons

administrative workload
no proper canteen in Frankfurt

lead and support trasformation also for support function (marketing, hr, finance)

Other Reviews for EMC

very cunning tactics, deception, cheats

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at EMC full-time

Pros

I did not get to join this company so I cannot say what the pros are. I am sure that the company is good once you join, but some hr and hiring people are screwing this up

Cons

I applied to EMC bangalore, had a good interview, 4 rounds. Negotiated hard for salary and was eventually given an offer letter with a 20 day join period. 1 week later after I submitted my resignation, EMC called back and said that the salary negotiated is not possible due to project changes, however they said they will be happy to take me in for whatever I was currently getting in my current job. I had to reject this offer and I tried to cancel my resignation letter but could not do so. Later found out from 3 current employees and 2 other applicants that this same thing has happened to them. Now I am not sure if this is a widespread practice in EMC bangalore or if it is being done by one rouge hiring manager but either way this is unacceptable behavior. I want to bring this to everyone's attention specially the senior management. I am also exploring legal options since based on the offer letter I submitted my resignation. One of the current employees who had the same experience and who had no choice but to accept the offer said that if I tried to take legal actions the HR will simply put your resume under a microscope and will try to come up with atleast 1 inconsistency no matter how small (like they will go to your 10th standard marksheet and see if you have rounded your percentage to the exact number or not). This technique screws you up as you have no leverage. I will also inform this to all HR people all the way to highest management in EMC usa about what is going on here in bangalore. I urge all others who faced the same situation to post here so that we can expose this tactic. Now I am not saying that EMC is doing this to everyone because other people would have posted it here if that was the case. But this has been done atleast 5 times to my knowledge and so we know there is a pattern.

IF management does not investigate this then it means that they are also involved with this. Don't let few bad apples ruin your company's reputation.

Great global vision

Current Employee - Solutions Architect  in  Moscow (Russia)
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Moscow (Russia)

I have been working at EMC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great global vision and people

Cons

Weak local culture, lack of motivation to be innovative and perform more than required

Executive management: go on! Right direction of business.
    To local management: grow local culture and team spirit. The main assets are people.

There are newer employer reviews for EMC.

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!