There are newer employer reviews for EMC

Not the old EMC Marketing Org

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Hopkinton, MA
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Hopkinton, MA

I have been working at EMC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The new marketing leadership is very open to new ideas, and if you have vision, you will be noticed.

Cons

The "EMC Family" atmosphere of Marketing is a thing of the past. Marketing is now very corporate and hierarchical.

Pushing the needle forward is a good thing, but let's not forget about what made EMC a great company in the first place.

1971 Other Employee Reviews for EMC (View Most Recent)

Pure scum.

Former Employee - Senior Architect, Consulting in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Architect, Consulting in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at EMC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

You have a job, period.

Cons

EMC is the worst company I've ever worked for - and I worked there for 10 years. It's very hard to get in the door, and though they pay well up front, you can forget about a raise. I went 4 years without one, and the other years were at 2%, even though I was a "rock star" making the company plenty of money in Consulting. I was setup for failure and let go because I couldn't meet their unrealistic certification goals, while also billing at 130%. The reason being very clear that I could be replaced by two foreign H1-B workers for the same amount they were paying me. And if you're considering working for EMC on an H1-B, realize that you will NEVER get a raise and they will bring you on as cheap as they can, and work you to death. I've seen it; my friends are still trapped there on their H1-B's.

Treat your employees with respect and GENEROSITY. Perhaps as generous as the execs are to THEMSELVES. No Xmas parties, yet the execs get millions in stock and bonuses? It's classic raping of this country by the corporations. EMC squeezes the life out of their people, in an effort to increase the bottom line so the stock they give themselves, or their boards grant them, (and they grant other execs while sitting on THEIR boards - that's how it works), goes up and they make millions. Meanwhile, benefits are cut, there are hiring freezes, and everyone is expected to work twice as hard for no raises. Stay away from this parasitic company!

A nice place to work with work-life balance

I have been working at EMC full-time

Pros

A nice place to work with work-life balance.

Cons

nothing cons that I can think of.

There are newer employer reviews for EMC