EMC

www.emc.com
There are newer employer reviews for EMC

Great place to work and benifits are great

Current Employee - TSE in Draper, UT
Current Employee - TSE in Draper, UT

I have been working at EMC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great schedule
no micro managment

Cons

Sit down to much in front of a computer

none

2113 Other Employee Reviews for EMC (View Most Recent)

Steady job, but lots of movement

I have been working at EMC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Steady job, they try to do everything to keep their employees. I never felt like I was in danger of being layed off. Always tons of work to do, sometimes to much.

Cons

By trying to do everything to keep their employees, you may get moved from position to position with no say in the matter.

Try to keep management rolls more steady. I had over 9 managers in a short amount of years.

Pure scum.

Former Employee - Senior Architect, Consulting in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Architect, Consulting in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at EMC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

You have a job, period.

Cons

EMC is the worst company I've ever worked for - and I worked there for 10 years. It's very hard to get in the door, and though they pay well up front, you can forget about a raise. I went 4 years without one, and the other years were at 2%, even though I was a "rock star" making the company plenty of money in Consulting. I was setup for failure and let go because I couldn't meet their unrealistic certification goals, while also billing at 130%. The reason being very clear that I could be replaced by two foreign H1-B workers for the same amount they were paying me. And if you're considering working for EMC on an H1-B, realize that you will NEVER get a raise and they will bring you on as cheap as they can, and work you to death. I've seen it; my friends are still trapped there on their H1-B's.

Treat your employees with respect and GENEROSITY. Perhaps as generous as the execs are to THEMSELVES. No Xmas parties, yet the execs get millions in stock and bonuses? It's classic raping of this country by the corporations. EMC squeezes the life out of their people, in an effort to increase the bottom line so the stock they give themselves, or their boards grant them, (and they grant other execs while sitting on THEIR boards - that's how it works), goes up and they make millions. Meanwhile, benefits are cut, there are hiring freezes, and everyone is expected to work twice as hard for no raises. Stay away from this parasitic company!

There are newer employer reviews for EMC