EMC

www.emc.com

Fantastic Place to Work

Director (Current Employee) Hopkinton, MA

ProsMeritocracy: work hard, do the right thing for yourself and the company, and you will be rewarded with promotions and pay increase. However, you can't do this in a bubble: set make sure to set goals with your management team and be sure your peers and management team are aware of (and benefit from) the great things you're doing!

Consit's a HUGE company, and can be tough to navigate the beurocracy to get things done. However, if you get issues in front of the right people, you can get issues to resolution VERY quickly!

Advice to Senior ManagementSet up structures to get feedback that is not filtered, analyzed, and reported by SVP and above (I'm talking about "workstreams" here, even those with "surveys"). Teaming with McKinsey, you can support whatever conclusion you want to by framing the issue with limiting questions, surveys, and fact bases. David and others should set up some 1:1's with Directors, VP's (even Managers!) in the organizations before selecting an SVP to "head up" a workstream. They just may learn of some dynamics that would add to their understanding of what's being presented to them.

Principal Software Engineer

Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee) Hopkinton, MA

I have been working at EMC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Very good benefits and work/life balance. Management recognises your work… Cons: None, I did't see anything as such upto now. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Top of the Tech Heap

Technical Consultant (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

I have been working at EMC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Smart leadership making the right acquisitions and with a culture of effective… Cons: If a fast-paced, result-driven culture where everyone is challenged by their responsibilities… Advice to Senior Management: Don't submit to process simply because its too big or too… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on EMC.

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!