SW Engg

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hopkinton, MA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hopkinton, MA

I have been working at EMC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good learning place with advance technolgy

Cons

lot of work to do

Advice to Management

its all good

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A great company to work for with many opportunities

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Draper, UT

I have been working at EMC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

EMC is committed to providing us with the best training and certification in the industry. Managers treat us with respect and are great to work with. Since this is a worldwide company, there are many opportunities for growth and advancement. I enjoy the team of people I work with and we collaborate well together on projects and solving problems.

Cons

Open work space is less-private than a cubicle or office. It is an adjustment compared to former work environments I've been in.

2. Fantastic Place to Work

Current Employee - Director in Hopkinton, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Hopkinton, MA

I have been working at EMC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Meritocracy: work hard, do the right thing for yourself and the company, and you will be rewarded with promotions and pay increase. However, you can't do this in a bubble: set make sure to set goals with your management team and be sure your peers and management team are aware of (and benefit from) the great things you're doing!

Cons

it's a HUGE company, and can be tough to navigate the beurocracy to get things done. However, if you get issues in front of the right people, you can get issues to resolution VERY quickly!

Advice to Management

Set up structures to get feedback that is not filtered, analyzed, and reported by SVP and above (I'm talking about "workstreams" here, even those with "surveys"). Teaming with McKinsey, you can support whatever conclusion you want to by framing the issue with limiting questions, surveys, and fact bases. David and others should set up some 1:1's with Directors, VP's (even Managers!) in the organizations before selecting an SVP to "head up" a workstream. They just may learn of some dynamics that would add to their understanding of what's being presented to them.