There are newer employer reviews for EMC

Pure scum.

Former Employee - Senior Architect, Consulting  in  Pleasanton, CA
Former Employee - Senior Architect, Consulting in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at EMC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

You have a job, period.

Cons

EMC is the worst company I've ever worked for - and I worked there for 10 years. It's very hard to get in the door, and though they pay well up front, you can forget about a raise. I went 4 years without one, and the other years were at 2%, even though I was a "rock star" making the company plenty of money in Consulting. I was setup for failure and let go because I couldn't meet their unrealistic certification goals, while also billing at 130%. The reason being very clear that I could be replaced by two foreign H1-B workers for the same amount they were paying me. And if you're considering working for EMC on an H1-B, realize that you will NEVER get a raise and they will bring you on as cheap as they can, and work you to death. I've seen it; my friends are still trapped there on their H1-B's.

Treat your employees with respect and GENEROSITY. Perhaps as generous as the execs are to THEMSELVES. No Xmas parties, yet the execs get millions in stock and bonuses? It's classic raping of this country by the corporations. EMC squeezes the life out of their people, in an effort to increase the bottom line so the stock they give themselves, or their boards grant them, (and they grant other execs while sitting on THEIR boards - that's how it works), goes up and they make millions. Meanwhile, benefits are cut, there are hiring freezes, and everyone is expected to work twice as hard for no raises. Stay away from this parasitic company!

1912 Other Employee Reviews for EMC (View Most Recent)

Pretty good

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Franklin, MA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Franklin, MA

I worked at EMC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A-type personalities, people care about their work and executives look for new and better ways to lead the industry

Cons

Lot of micromanagement and politics

loosen up on some of the political stuff,

Was very good

I have been working at EMC for more than 8 years

Pros

They develop products in keeping customers in focus

Cons

Not a correct place for comments

There are newer employer reviews for EMC

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!