1911 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Great place to work with outstanding growth opportunities.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Southborough, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA

I worked at EMC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Trainings
Overall nice people to work with.
Visionary top leadership

Cons

Middle Management has no idea about how to meet the expectations of the top management and keep up with the growth of the company. They are clueless and make hasty decision that create lots of drama and uncertainty. I have witness them making some serious dumb decisions with no rational whatsoever.

Global HR policies and people are very reasonable and responsive but department level HR sucks. Don't expect anything from them. Its better not to contact them for anything. They are the worst HR folks I have ever dealt with in my career.

Appoint the right people at the middle management. Don't just promote someone to the management because they have been with the company for several years. He/ she may be good tech person but may not be the right management material.

Other Reviews for EMC

Lens of a Process Engineering Coop

Former Employee - Process Engineering COOP  in  Hopkinton, MA
    Former Employee - Process Engineering COOP in Hopkinton, MA

I worked at EMC as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Outstanding community, lots of opportunity to expand your learning beyond your individual tasks and also to receive world class software training and other certifications as needed or desired.

Cons

Very casual work environment to a fault. On the manufacturing side, it was too easy to be comfortable in your little bubble. Great work being done as a whole but its not competitive enough.

There are a lot of slow moving parts on the manufacturing side. Some very inefficient processes that require a lot of man power.

Great Company, Cool Technology to work with.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at EMC as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

There's always something to learn. All the training you need is usually online. Software Defined Datacenters as well as Software Defined Networking are very popular these days and there's plenty of opportunities to get involved in this technological shift.

Cons

Not enough communication between independent groups. I wish the process could be streamlined with someone who serves as an ambassador between groups.

There are newer employer reviews for EMC.

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!