EMC

www.emc.com
  www.emc.com
There are newer employer reviews for EMC

Great environment, solid work; lax direction and career development

Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Chicago, IL

I worked at EMC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Co-workers were great about expressing gratitude for work performed. Not many people at other companies get how important that is, that your work was appreciated. Never had that problem at EMC. Workload was self-managed so not too much stress or micromanagement. Lots of different types of work, so could try different things often.

Cons

Stability was lacking; 7 managers in 6 years. They had no idea how position fit or how to integrate it. Had to "promote my own service" within the division and company. Managers were often not in the same city and focused elsewhere, so direction as to priority, career path or career improvement was almost non-existent.

Integrate all employees as well as you can. Too often people in support roles can be set adrift for not being part of the core team (sales, engineering).

2056 Other Employee Reviews for EMC (View Most Recent)

Terrible Internship

Former Employee - Intern in Hopkinton, MA
    Former Employee - Intern in Hopkinton, MA

I worked at EMC as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

It's a successful, large company with an equally large internship program. Many people have told me that their time at EMC was enjoyable.

Cons

The work culture/attitude of EMC is incredibly uncomfortable and stressful. My boss tried to tell me I wasn't being paid for certain things when the time was, in fact, billable. Occasionally he also tried to get me to work overtime for free (since at EMC interns are discouraged from working overtime).

Stressing out your employees makes them less productive. A more comfortable environment is much better for work and creative thinking.

Good place to work

I worked at EMC

Pros

good environment, nice people to work with.

Cons

I do not know jet.

There are newer employer reviews for EMC