EMC
3.5 of 5 1,637 reviews
www.emc.com Hopkinton, MA 5000+ Employees

Great environment, solid work; lax direction and career development

Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at EMC full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCo-workers were great about expressing gratitude for work performed. Not many people at other companies get how important that is, that your work was appreciated. Never had that problem at EMC. Workload was self-managed so not too much stress or micromanagement. Lots of different types of work, so could try different things often.

ConsStability was lacking; 7 managers in 6 years. They had no idea how position fit or how to integrate it. Had to "promote my own service" within the division and company. Managers were often not in the same city and focused elsewhere, so direction as to priority, career path or career improvement was almost non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementIntegrate all employees as well as you can. Too often people in support roles can be set adrift for not being part of the core team (sales, engineering).

EMC one of the best

Solutions Architect (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at EMC full-time for more than a year

Pros: All Inclusive, Superb Management, Promotes Free Thinking, Rewards Talent, Competitive… Cons: Large company, which is not for everyone. Keep in mind that small fish in a… Advice to Senior Management: None Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at EMC

Pros: good environment, nice people to work with. Cons: I do not know jet. More

There are newer reviews on EMC.

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!

EMC – Why Work for Us?

A passion for learning, innovating and success EMC is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver information technology as a service (ITaaS). Fundamental to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EMC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EMC CEO Joe Tucci. All reviews posted anonymously by EMC employees.