EMC

There are newer employer reviews for EMC

Good place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hopkinton, MA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hopkinton, MA

I have been working at EMC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great product in the Strorage Market
Nice environment to work

Cons

Location is not convenient.
Limited to the opportunities inside it

2056 Other Employee Reviews for EMC (View Most Recent)

Political, misdirected, uninspiring

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at EMC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Competitive pay and good benefits. Does attract some highly talented technical staff at the low levels. EMC has a good brand name for now. Hosts good conferences.

Cons

Invests too much in overseas product development which will tarnish the EMC brand soon due to poor product quality. The middle management at EMC is uninspiring and untalented with very dated skills which leads to an aggressively political environment. Much of the leadership is too fearful of retribution for making a wrong decision which inevitably causes lost opportunities. The culture at EMC looks to blame others rather than getting the work done and often takes credit from someone else's efforts and accomplishments.

At your next employee survey ask questions regarding the topics in the Cons section and allow the employees to specifically identify the incompetent management by name. You'll soon see who truly needs to be "restructured" rather than laying off the hard working and dedicated workers. And open your eyes to the true cost of offshoring your software development and bring those jobs back to the US.

Horrifying

Current Employee - Material Handler in Franklin Square, NY
    Current Employee - Material Handler in Franklin Square, NY

I have been working at EMC as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

There are no pros at EMC

Cons

We're to starts well 1#EOQ long hours and is not voulentered your are told to works crazy hours or your fired 2# fake shipments that are shipped out for revue that go out and come back in doors down 3# managers are afraid of there boss and will not stick up for anyone
    4# people have not gotten raise in 5 plus years 5# should a child of a manager work for there parent and get away with murder.

You really need to listen to your employees you works us to the bone and we don't ever see the reward for our work .

There are newer employer reviews for EMC