EMC
3.5 of 5 1,793 reviews
www.emc.com Hopkinton, MA 5000+ Employees

Intern Perspective

Systems Integration (Former Employee)
Franklin, MA

ProsThere were many out-dated technologies in use and therefore many opportunities to update them by converting Perl scripts to Python.
There were also some opportunities to write new scripts, but overall very little programming is truly required.
Position provides experience if you are willing to put in the time to learn the technology.
The group I was in has a number of great people.

ConsOccasionally the atmosphere can be very political and cliquey.
Sometimes coworkers can be cranky on Monday mornings and will often be very short tempered which is not the most enjoyable at times.
There is not a ton of constant supervision unless there is an urgent item that needs to be dealt with. With that said, the learning is primarily unstructured and requires you to use outside sources to learn new technologies.
The environment did not strike me as one where people can move up the ranks quickly as your seniority is deemed by the number of years you have been working there (with the first promotion at typically something like 5 years).
Coworkers may also need to be reminded frequently in order for things to actually be completed.
People with less experience were being paid more than me to complete the same job.
There were no additional opportunities to take on additional responsibilities as was initially indicated during the interview process.
The work environment is also incredibly loud and constantly was around 90+ decibels which meant that everyone wears headphones at work to avoid hearing damage. Often times I would leave work and could still hear the humming of the drives hours later.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease stop trying to market your own products to your employees. Employees should not be receiving these marketing emails even once per week.

Working as an extended intern and am satisfied with the work.

I have been working at EMC as an intern for more than a year

Pros: Great company, lots of opportunities to excel. Good people and… Cons: Lots of meetings and calls that drag on. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A really good overall company

Quality Engineer (Former Employee)
    Irvine, CA

I worked at EMC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The hours are reasonable, the compensation is generally fair, the… Cons: Your mileage may vary depending on the division of the company you work for. EMC buys up a lot of smaller companies so standards… Advice to Senior Management: Check in on work standards down the line to make sure… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on EMC.

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!

EMC – Why Work for Us?

A passion for learning, innovating and success EMC is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver information technology as a service (ITaaS). Fundamental to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EMC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EMC CEO Joe Tucci. All reviews posted anonymously by EMC employees.