There are newer employer reviews for EMC

They expect the best

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Loveland, CO
Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Loveland, CO

I have been working at EMC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

EMC recruits the best, and expects the best from all of their professionals. Their benefits are some of the best.

Cons

EMC does not provide a stable work environment. Reorganization is the norm and the face of middle management changes just about every year.

EMC talks a good game for customer support and partner relationships, but their execution in those areas is practically non-existent. EMC is not growing faster because they are unwilling to embrace this fact.

1981 Other Employee Reviews for EMC (View Most Recent)

Busy and interesting work, but very stovepiped

Current Employee - Consultant Software Engineer in Hopkinton, MA
    Current Employee - Consultant Software Engineer in Hopkinton, MA

I have been working at EMC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are opportunities to move within the company, though they can be hard to identify.
    EMC has some excellent training courses. Unlike other places I've worked, I was allowed to attend these. My favorite was on Politics and Power.

Cons

You're kept very busy. In my case, the manager and team that I had were good at taking suggestions and offering advices. But it was a really small team and didn't give me a chance to network with others in the company.

I was laid off because EMC wanted to focus on mobile and the cloud. Ironically I worked in a team developing a mobile application. I don't believe EMC has a firm strategy for using mobile as part of enabling their IT users.

Overall, great employer!

Former Employee - Technical Writer
    Former Employee - Technical Writer

I worked at EMC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoyed my time at EMC. EMC offered good pay and very nice benefits. My immediate work teams were always very competent and I always like my managers.

Cons

Multiple reorgs over the past 8 years has been disruptive. Also, there are a lot of management layers, and there has been way too much off-shoring of jobs. Waaaay too much.

Invest in US-based resources. We're worth it.

There are newer employer reviews for EMC