EMC
3.5 of 5 1,625 reviews
www.emc.com Hopkinton, MA 5000+ Employees

The place where careers go to die.

Systems Technician (Current Employee)
Franklin, MA

I have been working at EMC

ProsFree gym membership, Interesting work, great peers in most cases.

Cons(Yes, i'm a contractor, but a very intelligent and capable one)
Cons: No reviews for contract staff, No raises for contract staff, False promises of getting hired when in the past 3 years only 2 or so contractors have been hired.
The management at EMC will turn a blind eye to every full time staff member that sits around and plays video games on their workstations- never completes tasks- and starts trouble with other staff, but will never notice the contractor that comes in every day, works their tail off for the good of the company, supports end of quarter requirements ect.
Management is too reliant on the words of corrupted staff members. If a staff member (especially group leaders) doesn't like a contractor, all they have to do is make up a reason and the management pounces all over it- thus ensuring the contractor will never ever be hired.

It looks like people who are given any position of responsibility in EMC have served some sort of military. This would be fine, except just because someone is in the military- it doesn't make them a good leader or even good with people.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview your leadership staff- especially on the lower levels.
Get rid of the dead weight staff- I.E, those that talk at their group leaders stations all shift, those that refuse to do certain tasks, those that do not support E.O.Q requirements.
Hire on deserving contractors.
Give a raise to contractors that have been there at least 5 years... there are a TON!

EMC strong tech company

Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at EMC

Pros: Competitive salary and compensation Very good Benefits Recognized leader in data storage… Cons: Lip service to work/family balance Poor recognition for effort and contribution Advice to Senior Management: None Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

EMC - Good Company

Principal Systems Engineer (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

I worked at EMC

Pros: EMC is the Gorilla In the Industry Brand is great, product is in most F500… Cons: Big Company, could get lost in the shuffle I didn't think Medical Benefits were the… Advice to Senior Management: Get that stock price moving up..... Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on EMC.

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!

EMC – Why Work for Us?

A passion for learning, innovating and success EMC is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver information technology as a service (ITaaS). Fundamental to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EMC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EMC CEO Joe Tucci. All reviews posted anonymously by EMC employees.