EMC

www.emc.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for EMC

Amazing company with abundant learning opportunities and great technology

Current Employee - Associate Systems Engineer (Sales Engineer) in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Associate Systems Engineer (Sales Engineer) in Seattle, WA

I have been working at EMC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

EMC gave me the opportunity to get into a Presales Systems Engineer role without any previous experience through their GSAP program. I had four years of IT experience in the Air Force and a recruiter contacted me with a position opening and I haven't regretted one minute of it. EMC helped me gain the skills I needed, learn the technology and slowly introduced me into the role. I am now a full blown SE.

In a nutshell, the company has top notch technology, great people, good pay, good benefits, lots of training opps, good management (recently) and a VERY solid strategic vision.

Cons

As I support the sales team, it can be long hours, some weekend work (some of this is my fault). EMC support can be a nightmare to work with and we have lost some future deals because of our inability to deliver to the customer.

Improve the post-sales engagement after the presales team closes the deal. We have one of the best sales teams in the business, but get beat up on the tail end when support doesn't hit their mark.

2192 Other Employee Reviews for EMC (View Most Recent)

Sales culture

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at EMC full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Alot of technology, most of it industry leading. Good quarters can be lucrative. Plethora of training available.

Cons

Pressure. The sales quotas go up every quarter. High turnover of account teams leaves engineers constantly looking over their shoulder. Management is also very stressed and have tendency's to take it out on team members. No real office. Sit in different location each day due to flex office space.

Lighten up. They are engineers, not soldiers or puppets.

Systems Engineering Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at EMC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good people, good pay, good work/life balance

Cons

Upper management needs to stay with a consistent vision, upper management needs to consistent versus being swapped out every 1-2 years

There are newer employer reviews for EMC