EMC

www.emc.com

Architect

Former Employee - Solutions Architect  in  Santa Clara, CA
Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

flexible working hours , good sized cubical, lots of training opportunities, good salary.
enough parking space. cheap food, good facilities like GYM, Yoga classes etc.
Good colleagues.

Cons

lot of emphasis on hierarchy/rules, you have to submit ticket for almost every thing.

open up things and encourage creativity.

Other reviews for EMC

Sales culture

Current Employee - Systems Engineer  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in New York, NY

Pros

Alot of technology, most of it industry leading. Good quarters can be lucrative. Plethora of training available.

Cons

Pressure. The sales quotas go up every quarter. High turnover of account teams leaves engineers constantly looking over their shoulder. Management is also very stressed and have tendency's to take it out on team members. No real office. Sit in different location each day due to flex office space.

Lighten up. They are engineers, not soldiers or puppets.

Amazing company with abundant learning opportunities and great technology

Current Employee - Associate Systems Engineer (Sales Engineer)  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Associate Systems Engineer (Sales Engineer) in Seattle, WA

Pros

EMC gave me the opportunity to get into a Presales Systems Engineer role without any previous experience through their GSAP program. I had four years of IT experience in the Air Force and a recruiter contacted me with a position opening and I haven't regretted one minute of it. EMC helped me gain the skills I needed, learn the technology and slowly introduced me into the role. I am now a full blown SE.

In a nutshell, the company has top notch technology, great people, good pay, good benefits, lots of training opps, good management (recently) and a VERY solid strategic vision.

Cons

As I support the sales team, it can be long hours, some weekend work (some of this is my fault). EMC support can be a nightmare to work with and we have lost some future deals because of our inability to deliver to the customer.

Improve the post-sales engagement after the presales team closes the deal. We have one of the best sales teams in the business, but get beat up on the tail end when support doesn't hit their mark.

There are newer employer reviews for EMC.

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!