There are newer employer reviews for EMC

EMC, not the place to work anymore

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Hopkinton, MA
Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Hopkinton, MA

Pros

none that i can think of. pay is ok and you don't have to work hard, if that is what you like

Cons

limited movement between orgs and/or job functions

Advice to Management

do something about the stock

Other Employee Reviews for EMC

If you're looking for a job, look to EMC first.

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

EMC is an amazing place to work, with unlimited possibilities. As an employee, you have a huge amount of information at your fingertips, and their training programs are awsome. I took this job right out of college, so it was perfect for me to get my fingers into everything, even if the job didn't require it. There is a lot of opportunity for job growth as well, you can continue along the 'track' of your choice up to a particular position, or you can switch tracks with your managers approval. If you decide what you're doing isn't right for you, there's another job within EMC waiting for you. I also love to travel, which fits perfectly with my job at EMC, and as I get older and want to settle, they have residency programs to keep travel to a minimum. And because EMC is world-wide, I can always put in for a transfer if I want a change of scenery. Stock options, yearly reviews, good health care and 401k options complete picture.

Cons

EMC is a big company, and with any big company, you might feel a bit small to begin with. EMC also requires a two year contract for certain positions, such as mine, which limits mobility for that time.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you're doing, as long as I feel recognized for my work I'll be happy.

Global Services Not Firing on All Cylinders

Current Employee - Solutions Principal in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Solutions Principal in Denver, CO

Pros

EMC is a leader in the Information Technology space and has a lot of financial backing. As a large organization they have incredible benefits packages. Their pay is generally on par, but never great.

Cons

EMC is a very large organization and has little concern for needs of individual employees. It is a strongly sales and quarterly driven company and it often feels like decisions are made for the short term good rather than the long term health of the organization and the well being of clients.

Advice to Management

Be more flexible and creative in how you let local branches manage their teams. In the services area in particular, it is critical that you foster an environment that encourages good creative and talented consultants, rather than politics and conformity.