EMC

www.emc.com
  www.emc.com
There are newer employer reviews for EMC

EMC, not the place to work anymore

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Hopkinton, MA
Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Hopkinton, MA

I have been working at EMC

Pros

none that i can think of. pay is ok and you don't have to work hard, if that is what you like

Cons

limited movement between orgs and/or job functions

do something about the stock

2014 Other Employee Reviews for EMC (View Most Recent)

EMC - Recognition+, Training+, Diversity+,Bureaucracy-,Communications-

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Durham, NC

I have been working at EMC

Pros

Recognition for a job well done in terms of cash, gifts and stock options. Hard work is recognized and promotions do come to the well deserved. Training is emphasized as well where both technical and professional development courses are being offered. The tuition reimbursement program is quite generous and the diversity efforts are well organized.

Cons

There is quite a bit of bureaucracy which slows things down. It is sometimes difficult to perform small purchases that will help get the job done quicker. Very often, the purchase only come through when it has pass the deadline. Communications from Senior Management are not transparent enough and sometimes lost.

Improve communications channel.

If you're looking for a job, look to EMC first.

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at EMC

Pros

EMC is an amazing place to work, with unlimited possibilities. As an employee, you have a huge amount of information at your fingertips, and their training programs are awsome. I took this job right out of college, so it was perfect for me to get my fingers into everything, even if the job didn't require it. There is a lot of opportunity for job growth as well, you can continue along the 'track' of your choice up to a particular position, or you can switch tracks with your managers approval. If you decide what you're doing isn't right for you, there's another job within EMC waiting for you. I also love to travel, which fits perfectly with my job at EMC, and as I get older and want to settle, they have residency programs to keep travel to a minimum. And because EMC is world-wide, I can always put in for a transfer if I want a change of scenery. Stock options, yearly reviews, good health care and 401k options complete picture.

Cons

EMC is a big company, and with any big company, you might feel a bit small to begin with. EMC also requires a two year contract for certain positions, such as mine, which limits mobility for that time.

Just keep doing what you're doing, as long as I feel recognized for my work I'll be happy.

There are newer employer reviews for EMC