EMC

www.emc.com
There are newer employer reviews for EMC

EMC is a diverse workplace with great benefits and employees who genuinely care about their jobs.

Current Employee - Associate Program Manager in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Associate Program Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at EMC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the people I work with (here in Santa Clara) are very open-minded, collaborative, and have the main goal in mind: Deliver the best possible service to our customers. The benefits are great. For example, when I took a maternity leave, our company offers the Short Term Disability Buy Up Program, and if enrolled, you are covered through MetLife which is EMC's own insurance, so as to make sure you receive your regular salary while you are on Maternity Leave. I thought this was awesome as many companies just leave you hanging, and you only get what the state is willing to give you.

The managers here are great, and always willing to help you reach not only your career goals but personal goals as well. The company has a program where they will pay for your higher education and certifications as well. There are many perks to working here at EMC. My experience has been fantastic.

We have free coffee, tea, soda, snacks, cereal and milk which is great! There is also a free gym on site.

Did I mention VERY competitive pay?

Cons

The cafeteria is not very good in our building (lacks in terms of quality and I've dealt with some, lets just say "moldy" situations)

For some reason my bonuses were taken away, not sure why that happened, it was explained in a very fuzzy manner. I still received a raise but I'm unclear as to why I no longer receive quarterly bonuses or participate in the quarterly Goals program...?? Maybe some better communication is needed.

2128 Other Employee Reviews for EMC (View Most Recent)

Performance is always rewarded!

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at EMC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

1. The company makes products at all the layers of enterprise storage solution. It has cloud and virtualization through VMWare, Security through RSA, File and Block storage (EMC Core), Flash storage, Backup solutions (Data Domain), Big Data (Greenplum) and so on. The company has a huge potential to make a sell these solutions as a package and monopolize the storage industry.

2. Makes products to cater to everyone. Low, Mid and High range storage solutions - which has the potential to make EMC products ubiquitous.

3. The company recognizes talent and good performance is always rewarded - a gesture that is highly important for the company to retain talent.

4. Most teams are made of people who have been at EMC for 25+ years who bring rich experience and knowledge to every discussion that happens in the team.

5. The company holds nearly a third of the market share in storage and is growing each year. When you have such safety net for your job, there are very little distractions for your creative thinking.

6. The company has one of the best benefits package in the industry.

Cons

1. With big companies and so many mergers, there is very little uniformity across different components. That leads to huge challenges in performing even a simple operation of checking in your code. One gets the feeling that the management is not doing enough to make this process smoother.

2. Compensation is, at best, average. This is not the company for you if you want to make quick bucks.

Good Job if you are single

Current Employee - ACSE in Glen Allen, VA
    Current Employee - ACSE in Glen Allen, VA

I have been working at EMC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They say Family comes first but you have to be available 24/7 very high levels of stress and a lot of traveling that weighs heavy on any family

Cons

Work-life balance and you have to go through thirty steps to move a step ahead in your schedule they are using a horrendous app call work force management that causes the employee lots of hardship they have lost many good employees due to this procedure.

There are newer employer reviews for EMC