EMC

I LOVE this company

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at EMC

Pros

Career advancement and they want me to show value to the company

Cons

may different systems to find information.

Standardize some Project Management Documentation tools

2126 Other Employee Reviews for EMC (View Most Recent)

A job that went absolutely nowhere

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at EMC

Pros

It has the benefits associated with a large company, such as a good health insurance plan.

Cons

EMC is squeezing every penny they can from Documentum with as little investment in the product. Less than six months after I began working on the Documentum product, I was tasked with training a junior software engineer in Bangalore, India, to do my job. There was no chance for career advancement, and the offices are a ghost town from all of the layoffs over the years.

I have nightmares of returning to work at EMC Documentum.

I'm unsure if the situation at Documentum can be remedied.

The Inside Sales role is extremely helpful in developing your sales career

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Franklin, MA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Franklin, MA

I have been working at EMC

Pros

Their training program that you take as a sales associatie is phenominal. You will be a 10 times better salesperson than before you started after the training.
    There are tons of resources within inside sales for you to develop and understand the business.
    Opportunity for growth in Inside Sales organization and getting promoted from sales assocaite to inside sales role to management if you want.
    Great Industry with lots of money to be made.

Cons

Average Pay at BEST. They make it seem like it's incredibly high pay but your numbers to hit are always right about the best you can get.
    You see to get stuck in Inside Sales Role. You interview and try to get to the field and it seems like it then becomes political for who goes to the field.
    Management can be very loyal at times but then also not. They will be your biggest champion but when you want something they don't support they find a way to sabotage it.

Promote the people from the inside to the field first before hiring randoms in the field. Pay should be hire within the inside sales role. It's tough enough to sell over the phone, let alone high end products that EMC sells for thousands of dollars.

There are newer employer reviews for EMC