There are newer employer reviews for EMC

Connecting with others around the world is the biggest benefit and also the biggest challenge

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Park City, UT
Current Employee - Technical Writer in Park City, UT

I have been working at EMC

Pros

Ability to learn something new every day, work with bright and talented people in an environment where my input is valued and respected. Interact with other writers from other countries on globally diverse projects.

Cons

Communication in a global dispersed organization can be difficult. It's crucial that we continue to seek new and innovative ways to connect to those coworkers who work in other offices and other countries

Advice to Management

Continue to look for new ways to bring employees together - both physically and virtually. When employees in a geographically dispersed organization understand and relate to one another - we are better able to serve our customers needs.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. No vision

Current Employee - Consultant Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at EMC

Pros

okay benefit, fairly decent work schedule

Cons

no career growth, senior managments have no idea what to do with software products

Advice to Management

Provide better vision. Career growth is extremely critical to any employee

EMC great place to work but you're just a number

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Hopkinton, MA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Hopkinton, MA

I have been working at EMC

Pros

Strong company and strong senior management. Clear understanding of senior management's view of the future of the company. Great benefit package. Great development programs for new graduates.

Cons

With 33K employees there it is tough to be anything other than just a number. Salaries do not compare to outside of company from what I've seen and heard from friends. Great development programs for new graduates, but limited opportunities for individuals 3 - 7 yr out of college. Decisions are made in silos, communication between groups is weak but more recently getting on the same page.

Advice to Management

I have no advice given to Senior Management. They are making great decisions to sustain the strong growth the company has been experiencing over the last few years.