EMCOR (Connecticut)

www.emcorgroup.com
  www.emcorgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for EMCOR (Connecticut)

Great place to work and grow.

Current Employee - Viox Dispatch Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - Viox Dispatch Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at EMCOR (Connecticut) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I love talking to our customers and mechanics! Ample training is provided from day one, employees have confidence they are providing the superior service the company is known for.

Cons

Employee retention is high, sometimes it is a wait to advance to the next level. In the meantime, there are all kinds of training programs available to enhance performance and prepare for the next step in your career.

Keep up the fantastic training programs. I have learned so much, I know whatever lies ahead in my career I will be ready.

25 Other Employee Reviews for EMCOR (Connecticut) (View Most Recent)

The actual job is interesting and challenging

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Norristown, PA
    Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Norristown, PA

I have been working at EMCOR (Connecticut) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits package

Cons

Business is declining and clients are lost too often

Weed out the upper management that knows nothing about thw type of work we do and listen more to the employees, they have great ideas to increase profits and customers.

A decent place to work temporarily. You can make a good salary with overtime, which is common.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at EMCOR (Connecticut)

Pros

The health benefits are excellent, and the pay is always on time. Also, it is a large company so others have heard of it and can look it up. The work was somewhat meaningful: helping companies recover from emergencies.

Cons

You can feel like an anonymous drone. Upper level management and even those 1 level above you can treat you like slugs. Many people get promotions or jobs based on who they know, and they are completely unqualified, which is frustrating when you're trying to get something done. A lot of politics between account managers keep things from going smoothly. Every account has a different procedure which makes it difficult to learn and prone to errors. After hours accounts are a nightmare.

Be more open with the employees about what is going on to develop rapport and keep employees longer. Also, I think so much hinges on these calls, and the call center is so small, that you could pay the csrs more. This would create long term employment and loyalty, and also attract better CSRs with problem solving capabilities. How much money is lost through CSR mistakes and through people having to double check those who double checked every call. Perhaps at least pay the managers more to ensure highly competent people in positions of power.

There are newer employer reviews for EMCOR (Connecticut)