EMCORE

www.emcore.com
  www.emcore.com
There are newer employer reviews for EMCORE

I can't complain.

I have been working at EMCORE

Pros

I still have a job even during the down turn. Instresting work, challenge project, nice team member, reasonable commute distance, nice boss.

Cons

Just like many other companies, there are many products we need to develop but not enough resource and time. I wish the benefit would be better.

Keep up the good work. It would be great if more frequency down communication so that everyone has better understand about the company's mission.

23 Other Employee Reviews for EMCORE (View Most Recent)

Not satisfied

Former Employee - Senior Principal Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior Principal Engineer

I worked at EMCORE

Pros

It is good place if you like New Mexico's weather. Not too many companies here

Cons

The management is chaos. I do not think they really care about the product development

The current organization is not very good. Engineer can not focus on development.

Great place with some needed changes.

Current Employee - Information Technology in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at EMCORE full-time

Pros

The atmosphere here is great and the management has a laid back approach to the personnel management process. I have a fluctuating schedule and my boss is more than open to me changing my schedule for the benefit of my family and school work. I came from the military before this job and the people have been understanding and have allowed me to take some time off to get my affairs in order during the moving process. Management here is for the most part easy to work with and have been more than understanding with some of the lack of experience I have in certain areas of my career field and have made a genuine effort to help me with those flaws and build on them. If you are going to school they will assist you by paying out up to 5000$ to assist you with school expenses after the school semester based on performance in the class room. if you are a Vet this company isn't one that looks at you in the social pariah kind of way. The CEO CFO and the Production managers are respectful and address you as a professional and a person. they do fun things like pay for flag football, participating in local fun events, raffles for Ipads and kindles , crossfit, book fairs and even rewarding employees with gift cards for participating in the companies healthy lifestyle promotions.

Cons

the atmosphere here is great but the management has a bad habit of moving people into management positions without the experience or the qualifications needed. the company is growing but has a bad habit of flooding the workplace with "expendable employees" who are often laid off when the production slows down. politics, politics, politics the maturity of some employees is what causes politics in any work environment but in the management positions specifically at this company its a big problem. I have seen a disturbing trend in the case that the company often bottlenecks jobs or assigns tasks with no back up or training of others to perform the job, and obviously when people leave or quit it puts others in the department between a rock and a hard place and makes the department top heavy and sometimes renders them unable to complete there job

Share the wealth make sure that there is always someone who knows how to perform another persons daily tasks and responsibilities at the work place and ensure that managers take a professional and competent way of escalating issues between the multiple departments. I think the biggest thing is stop with mass hiring's if there is a possibility of layoff's, I feel that all of the production work load would balance out if there was a better flow of information and cross training employees could mitigate the layoffs and production issues.

There are newer employer reviews for EMCORE