There are newer employer reviews for EMCORE

Even when we thought we were doing good, we weren't doing good.

I worked at EMCORE full-time

Pros

I knew quite a few incredibly intelligent, experienced, incredibly hard-working folks while I was there. Very good experience with high-tech product.

Cons

Twice in poor economic times paycuts were instituted for 3+ months. Only one of those times was any effort made to re-pay the employees for what basically amounted to a loan. We always seemed incredibly understaffed BEFORE the most recent layoffs. Management violates many of the common-sense rules of economics, like not upcharging for more advanced forms of technology, not reinvesting any money back into the company in the form of internal R&D and by not generally treating its employees with a high level of respect.

Advice to Management

Try focusing on your people and profit and long-term health of the company. You focus too much on revenue, which is foolish. Raise the prices of your products until you lose a bid or two so that you better understand the market space.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I can't complain.

I have been working at EMCORE

Pros

I still have a job even during the down turn. Instresting work, challenge project, nice team member, reasonable commute distance, nice boss.

Cons

Just like many other companies, there are many products we need to develop but not enough resource and time. I wish the benefit would be better.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. It would be great if more frequency down communication so that everyone has better understand about the company's mission.

Not satisfied

Former Employee - Senior Principal Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior Principal Engineer

I worked at EMCORE

Pros

It is good place if you like New Mexico's weather. Not too many companies here

Cons

The management is chaos. I do not think they really care about the product development

Advice to Management

The current organization is not very good. Engineer can not focus on development.