There are newer employer reviews for EMCORE

Duct tape and Bailing wire

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician  in  Albuquerque, NM
Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at EMCORE full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some very good people who are working very hard to keep the place afloat. These people are worth way more than they are getting.

Cons

No interest in fixing things the right way.....just slap it back together and keep the wafers moving.

If you intend to keep the manufacturing in the states (questionable) then you will need to modernize some of your equipment.

19 Other Employee Reviews for EMCORE (View Most Recent)

Rowing the boat with one paddle.

Former Employee - Electrical Engineer  in  Newark, CA
    Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in Newark, CA

I worked at EMCORE

Pros

Laid back work environment. Good work/life balance. There was a solid foundation at least from a resource standpoint after the divestiture from Intel.

Cons

Clear lack of direction from senior management. Their acquisition of Intel's Optical Platform Division was followed by sugar coated kool aid speeches of how the employees are the most important asset. Six months later there was a mass layoff because of The Great Recession. Those who were left were given promotions even though they were not the best candidates to fill in the void. To say that title inflation runs amok at that place is an understatement. My very job was posted on the company's website a year ago, and I was not even given time of day after applying again. Wow, so you didn't even consider calling back those you laid off? Quality costs, but it looks like you don't want to put your money where your mouth is after reading the other reviews by current and former employees.

I cringe thinking what has become of all the top shelf test and capital equipment that is languishing in a shelf or storage area. I'd love to use a fraction of it in my current job.

I don't know who replaced the senior management that left during the great purge, but they seem to be no better. You failed to retain the best and the brightest and it shows in your standing in the fiber optics space

mediocre

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at EMCORE

Pros

independence of thoughts and creativity

Cons

The company had no clear direction

step it up

There are newer employer reviews for EMCORE

Worked for EMCORE? Contribute to the Community!