EMCORE
www.emcore.com Albuquerque, NM 1000 to 5000 Employees

Super cheap company with good technology

Engineer (Current Employee)
Newark, CA

I have been working at EMCORE

ProsVery bright engineers who enjoy the technology

ConsExtraordinarily cheap company which refuses to spend money on even the basics (office supplies, lab supplies, laptops, wireless that works); currently offers salaries below market value because of the bad economy; has very poor benefits (thank God for my wife's benefits!); many people seem bitter at the company culture of "do twice as much with half the support"

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate from Lotus Notes, for God's sake! It has the worst GUI ever. That will save us many hours per week of extra work.

Spend a little money to keep your employees happy; give them the tools they need to do their jobs. Otherwise, as the economy gets better, there will be a huge exodus.

I would not recommend to apply to work with this company , at least not the Fiber Optics div.

Alhambra, CA

I have been working at EMCORE

Pros: Still dealing with advanced tech. Some good employees left. Nothing… Cons: Still in the 80s from managment style and tools. Not orgenized… Advice to Senior Management: Come and visit more often. Call some of the common employees to tell you what they think. You must solve those issues and revive the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Frustrated by the management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at EMCORE

Pros: Good, intelligent and hard working colleagues. Good technologies. Cons: Very limited resources and hiring process is extremely slow. Management is a mess, with defined priority shifts but not willing to slow… Advice to Senior Management: Be more efficient and stick to the plan. Not changing it on… More

There are newer reviews on EMCORE.

Worked for EMCORE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EMCORE reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EMCORE CEO Hong Q. Hou. All reviews posted anonymously by EMCORE employees.