There are newer employer reviews for EMD Millipore

A place with potential

Current Employee - Scientist I in Saint Charles, MO
Current Employee - Scientist I in Saint Charles, MO

I have been working at EMD Millipore

Pros

Laid back working environment with reasonable expectactations, however, this is very dependent on the department in which you work and your manager. I have experienced a fair workload with reasonable expections and timelines. I have a good level of autonomy, but help is always there when I need it. I haven't experienced an overt amount of competetiveness and there is a good sense of teamwork. They have a generous vacation and benefits package.

Cons

Salary ranges are on the low side comparatively. I have not seen a huge amount of job advancement. Money is sometimes tight for getting new technology and resources.

Advice to Management

Larger salary increases and bonuses would be a great incentive for higher productivity.

reviews filtered by

Summer 2008 Review

Current Employee - Development Engineer I in Bedford, MA
    Current Employee - Development Engineer I in Bedford, MA

I have been working at EMD Millipore

Pros

Great colleagues to work with who are passionate about their work (at least most of them). You can learn alot from your colleagues, IF they have the time to teach you, IF.

Cons

More focused on meeting "numbers" for the short term and not on the long term.

A lot of the work/projects are done to "satisify" short term (i.e. quick offerings/trouble shooting) goals and not a lot of the work is done for the long term. This can very stressful when “developing and researching” potential new products (especially in less than 6 mths). Work-Life balance is shifted more towards the "Work" than "Life".

Management may not truly understand the complications involved around the work necessary to complete projects. As they tend to look only at the "numbers" in order to accomplish their goals. Many of the senior managers have not experience the "pains" involved for working at Millipore, since most of them where hired from outside the company.

2. A well known and innovative company

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at EMD Millipore full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

1) Strong brand value
    2) Very innovative
    3) Strong presence in regulatory market
    4) Strong field sales force

Cons

1) Poor knowledgeable, undeserved people in managerial levels
    2) Biased management
    3) All work will be imposed to bottom level sales force
    4) No work-life balance

Advice to Management

To recruit highly knowledgeable and qualified people in Zonal head, Regional level. Sales people have better knowledge than the managers which hurts the managers and they try to suppress talented resources by insulting/pressurising.

There are newer employer reviews for EMD Millipore